New store - would appreciate some feedback!

2 0 0

https://www.thesignetringcompany.com

Greetings from wet Melbourne Australia!

My new site is product light so to begin with I have had to use CAD renders for product images until such time as I get some orders to make up some "real" stock.

In the meantime I would love to hear from those in the know if you think the site will work and any areas I can improve the navigation and look etc.

P.S. I can not figure out how to remove "tweeter" from product pages - now who's the bird brain!

Thanking you in anticipation.

Helen :-)

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Helen,

Congratulations on your shop. Just had a look at your website and noticed that the Product Tabs at the top (Shop By Metal and Shop By Shape) had random issues with displaying the sub categories. When I hover over each tab, the automatic list does not seem to appear right after a new large background picture has loaded. Seems to happen every time the site switches between the background pictures.

I am new on this site to learn about Shopfiy so I cannot give you any advice on how to improve your site as of today. Just had the opportunity to share my thoughts :)

Anyway, good luck further with your new site and hope you get some recommendation from other users on the forum.

Regards,

Hedda

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you Hedda for taking the time.  I appreciate it.  Good luck to you too.  H

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
73 0 10

Hey Helen, 

Dan here from the Guru team! Thanks for reaching out today through our forums, and you have a great looking site. :) I did notice that you get a page 404 when entering in an email address to the "Get up to date info from THE SIGNET RING COMPANY" in the footer. You can set up a Mailchimp account and get the "Mailchimp" app so all your subscribers will be directed to Mailchimp where you can set up your newsletters. I love logo's, so I will always suggest adding in a custom logo if you have one. :)  I would also suggest adding in the "Product Reviews" app, people love reading reviews before deciding to purchase an item, and it should help with SEO search.

You can also remove the "Twitter" share icon from your product pages through your html/css, —> "social.liquid" page. To access it, you can go to sales channels —> Online store —> Themes —> … Edit HTML/CSS —> social.liquid page, and remove the line 3.

All in all, I think your site looks great!! 

I hope this helps; and thanks again for posting. :) 

Cheers, 

Dan | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
48 0 10

Hey Helen,

Consider using Loox - Visual Reviews for product reviews. Loox helps you collect lots of customer reviews with photos on auto-pilot, and use them to drive more traffic, conversion and retention. Reviews are displayed in a visually stimulating gallery which is especially important for jewelry sites like yours!

Feel free to check out our app page and let us know if you have any questions! Happy to help :)

Yoni

0 Likes