New to Shopify! Feedback on Skincare Website Appreciated!

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi everyone! I used to use Wix for my online store and decided to switch to Shopify. I seem to be coming across a few problems and just had some questions.

1. When I was using Wix, I had high traffic and mailing list subscribers, but low sales. Does anyone know why this happens or what I can do to covert the subscribers?
  2. When I switched to Shopify, the conversion rate was a bit better but I noticed a big dip in traffic and subscribers over the last few days. Has this happened to anyone else?

Can I get some feedback on first impressions of the website (i.e. what do you think is missing or what would compel you to make a purchase)? Or any advice is appreciated!

The website: https://oliverbaileyskin.co 

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey there, 

I think you have a beautiful store, and you are definitely going in the right direction design wise. 

As per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar

You can use an app that provides you tools like a countdown timer, limited offers and even social proof. 

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. 

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful. 

Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost 

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

Hope my insights will be of help to you! Cheers

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

This absolutely helps! 

These things seem simple enough to add. Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

@oliverbaileysc wrote:

This absolutely helps! 

These things seem simple enough to add. Thank you so much!

You're very welcome!

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 2 5

Hi oliverbaileysc!

I think you have nailed the look and feel of your website. Looks really premium! :) I have a couple of suggestions for you.

First, you should optimize for page load times. Shoppers (especially those on mobile networks) are highly sensitive to how long it takes for your store to load. With respect to this, you can optimize the images you are using on your store. This image from your store is 525 KB. I ran it through a compression tool and could get it down to 289 KB (i.e. savings of around 50%) -

jannis-lucas-z6arCgwnzR4-unsplash-2.jpg

This really adds up. For the landing page alone, I can see about 1 MB of savings. You could use one of the image optimization tools such as TinyIMG, SEO Image Optimizer.

The other thing to do like arushi mentioned is to create urgency in your customers. This is best achieved with stickers and badges. For example I used ModeMagic to add a sale badge to your product image. Of course, you must take care not to overwhelm your users with stickers. Often, less is more.

image899.png

chaicoffee | ModeMagic - Product Badges to Increase Sales
If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution