New to Shopify and dropshipping. Looking for feedback on my new site

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi guys, I have just set up a new store online but have no clue if it's good enough. with so much information to absorb I need someone with experience to look at it and tell me if I am missing any important element. Is the front page inviting and made you curious to look further? Is there too many items to sell or too few? 

Literally any feedback will be appreciated. I'm super scared this will not work so I am trying to learn as much as I can. 

www.slickneat.com

Thanks

Tales

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1458 74 248

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @SlickNeat, I hope you are doing good! here is the feedback:-

1. The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

-Slideshow Image 

-Collection List  

-New arrivals, Bestsellers

-Testimonials

- Newsletter sign up box

-Instagram Feed

2. Some addons that you need to do:-

- Showcase reviews on the home page or create. 

- Set up a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

- Set up an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.

- Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store.

- Set up web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

To implement these customer engagement tools on your store. I would recommend you to install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
819 91 147

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. How are you today? 

You've got some great questions there! In terms of the numbers of products, there is no catch-all answer. It will all rely on market research that you've conducted verifying the demand for the products you are selling. Regardless of the quantity, generally, stores will have 'golden products' that they know will sell well, and anchor their store. 

In terms of my experience on the site, I have a few points of feedback I'd like to share: 

• You should look to add a favicon to your store. 
  • The stock photography is serviceable, but having your own in-house photography would be better. You could also use these photographs, with real-life situations on models, to inject some life into your landing page. The landing page gets to the point quickly, which is great. It just feels a little sparse.
  • Why not send your products to a blogger to review, and place their content (video/article) on your website. This will enhance your store greatly. 
  • I'd like to see a FAQ section somewhere on the site. 
  • Your About Us is very straight forward, and I think you could enhance it. We have a great guide on how to write an About Us here

How are you planning to target your audience? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @SlickNeat,

After looking at your store, I noticed an issue with your product titles and descriptions that will make it hard for you to be found in search.

By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO, but this is what it ends up looking like for the customer:

slickneat-meta.png

The problem with your SEO is that a person looking for your type of products wouldn't type "Double Layers Leather Business Briefcase Casual" into search, they would probably type "Black Leather Laptop Bag" or "Genuine Leather Black Laptop Bag". The same goes for "Large Solid Colour Ladies Casual Tote Bags", a person looking for this product would likely type in "Black Leather Tote Bag" or "Oversized Black Tote Bag". We show how to fix this in our video as well as many other ways you can properly do the SEO in your Shopify store. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. 

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Wow, thank you so much for the feedback. Yeah I will work on it straight away and see if I can improve it. I agree that the layout is OK but far from being the best. I am trying to balance quality and cost and using as many free apps, themes, resources as possible. As soon as I get my business off the ground I can then invest in more fancy apps and themes. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
399 42 134

Hi @SlickNeat

Just take a look and have some more suggestions for you:

- As the guy @AiTrillion said, the layout of him is suitable in my opinion too. But like to add some details

+ Slideshow Image (banner) needs to have meaning and CTA buttons. 

+ Instagram Feed: you can check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create a shoppable feed with ease. 

+ Products on New Arrivals, Bestsellers need to have Quickview buttons to allow your customers to see more product details. 

- On your products page, you need to add:

+ Add the title for the description section. 

+ Sticky Add to Cart bar

+ Upsell and cross-sell methods. I see you have a "You may also like" section. But you can try to add some more like product bundles. 

- You can consider having live chat support to improve your customer service. WhatsApp can be a good option to chat with your friends. 

App WhatsApp Chat and Notification will help you do that. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes