New to shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

I need help setting up my store where I can understand exactly what to do. There is so much information that I've become overwhelmed. Thank you so much

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Hi, @JGray58 !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and welcome to our Community here.

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling a little overwhelmed and I would love to help you out where I can. Could you let me know a little about where you are at right now? For example have you created your free trial as of yet, or are you still exploring a business idea?

When starting out, there really is no right or wrong way to set up your store. Many merchants take a slightly different approach, depending on the amount of time and resources they have to dedicate during the set up process. We do have step by step process which you may find helpful as well as a general checklist from within our blog. I don't mean to be adding yet more information to what you may have already read, but I do find that these can help break things down into bite-size chunks, which are that bit more manageable. We want you to feel in charge of the work, and to enjoy it, rather than it being in charge of you.

Before starting the actual build of your site, I like to advise all merchants to think about - what products they would like to sell, and their target market. I am not sure if you have explored this just yet but it it is a good idea to keep this in mind. It allows you to focus on your brand, and also the people you will be selling to so that you can build your store accordingly.

A great way to help you to keep track is by creating your own business plan. While not essential, this works really well for helping you to set out and keep track of goals and projections, as well as to prompt you to answer certain questions about your business. For example, a good business plan answers these four things:

•  How do you define your business?
  •  To whom are you selling?
  •  What are you selling exactly?
  •  How are you reaching the people who buy from you?

In terms of self-directed learning, we do also have some free courses as part of our Shopify Academy which you may find helpful too.

I am conscious of not wanting to overload you with yet more information, but feel that taking some time to go through what type of store you would like to build and what type of customer base you will sell to is an invaluable step. Once you have done so, if you have any questions do feel free to let me know.

Our support team is also available 24/7 to assist with any questions and general set up. If however you would prefer for someone to build or design your store for you, there is also the option to do so with a Shopify Partner or Expert.

I hope this helps, do feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes