Newbie Shop Owner

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello everyone! I would like feedback on my shop.  I am new on the seen and am about to upload the rest of my t-shirt designs. There are 150 total.  Please let me know what you think. Feeback is critical and this is what I need to improve. 

Much Appreciated,

Marisa

Marisa L. Belton
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Marisa,

Can you link your website in this forum? I'd be happy to take a look!

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.  SavvyWords Inc. 

I even tried exporting from the list that Shopify had stored already and it still didn't work.  I did it in the all products in inventory hoping it would go to the online store. And now I have double the listings in the inventory. What a mess!

Marisa L. Belton
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hey Marisa,

Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.

Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:

1. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after looking through all the images, I could only find out what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling. Also, add a featured products section on your home page itself, so that users can get a glimpse of what your products look like. 
  2. Add some information about shipping in a separate shipping page. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users. 
  3. About us - You’ve given a nice explanation about your company ideals. I would say add a human factor to it by talking about the people as well - the team. Add pictures as well, it gives a more human touch.
  4. You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
    You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  5. The 2nd way is you look for the “bestseller” or “lightning deal” labels on the products. You can use these kinds of product labels on your products to guide users towards specific products. They make specific products stand out and help in decision making. Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  6. There are a few inconsistencies in your product images. They are of different shapes, and have different backgrounds. Making them all consistent will make your store look more professional. This is the only interaction users will have it, they can’t touch it and see, so be sure to add as many details as possible. A bad product listing is the #1 users don’t convert.
  7. IN the t-shirt product listings, it might make sense to insert a proper size chart. One which actually says what the dimensions of each size are. I personally tend to look into these a lot whenever I’m shopping for clothing, because sometimes different shops are slightly different sizes.
  8. Favicon - it is the small logo that shows up in your browser tab beside the name of your store. It’s not very clear on your website. Also, I’d suggest ad the meta title and description for your home page and all others. (This is for SEO)
  9. Create your social media pages - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. These are essential for building any brand and trust for users. Once they land on your website, people will be checking around for your social media. Be sure to put up some amount of posts there as well. 
  10. Lastly, testimonials and reviews are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Savvy Words,

Following tips would surely help you improve your store look:

• Contact Us should include a "contact form" for better customer interaction.
  • Add a "login account" for better information security and keeping a track of your order details as well.
  • "Favicons" enhance user experience and help in unique site identification.
  • "Terms and conditions" are missing from the site footer.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I hope it helps. 

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0
Thanks for the very detailed feedback. I've got a lot of work ahead of me.
LOL Seriously though, much appreciated.
Marisa L. Belton
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0
I am taking all of this in. Thanks for your review. I will add it on my
to-do list. 😉👍
Marisa L. Belton
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @SavvyWordsGirl ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• I have found that there is no favicon to your website, favicon helps your customers to navigate to your website tab while they open many tabs on the same browser and it looks professional if you have a favicon. 
  • There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • In your home page, when I try to open a featured collection it is not redirecting to the product page and also try adding images to the collection products.
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
483 30 145

Hi,  Marisa!

Congrats to your store and welcome to Shopify family!

1. First of all,  I would suggest to change the theme of the store. For me, it looks a bit plain - not eye-catchy to browse the products.

2. Add review widget to product pages with rating - more you gather reviews from the customers, faster you will gain trust from them (to get it, you can give the discounts for leaving a review).

3. Add product description - make it more detailed with keywords. 

4. Add social login - now customers only can login using email, but as  we all know social network is very popular nowadays, so make it more convenient for your customers to login using social media accounts. By the way, you  can reward them for this too :)

5. Add wishlist separate page and widget on the main page -  this is very useful in order to remind your customers about their abondonment purchases.Also, they xan share their wishlist trough social media or email. And for sure, get points for this :)

6. Start referral programm on your site - customer can share the link of loved item with friend and  to be rewarded for this. The main point of this programm is that person willl trust to the things that were referred by close person. 

7.Start loyalty and rewards program  - it will help you to gain customer's trust and ppromote your brand. The main thing is that you motivate  customers to actions using convertible points (actions like leaving reviews, social follows, sharing wishlists,placing orders and etc).

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  GrowaveWe have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc.

Good luck with your store!

And if my post was helpful for you, please like it :)

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes