Newish store gets traffic but no sales please can someone check out my store

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi I get traffic daily and people looking but no sales please can someone look at my store tell my how to get more sales thankyou https://beau-tiful-boutique-x.myshopify.com/

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
208 36 134

Hey there, @Beautiful2!  

Congrats on your store! Now let’s see what we can do to bring in those sales.

First, an easy fix - add a favicon! It’ll help add legitimacy to your store. 

Homepage

• Announcement bar: I would pick a contrasting color to help it stand out and then link it to your collections page. Make sure it shows across all pages. 
  • Main navigation bar: Instead of having it below your hero image, I would move it to up below the announcement bar AND include the logo on the left side of it. The logo currently blends in a bit.
  • Hero image: I would focus on one image rather than several and make that image the best to represent your brand. Right now, the images aren’t necessarily the best for your items. Add in a call to action button that’s linked, and you’re good to go. 
  • Newsletter subscription: Move to a different place on the page, preferably lower. This is prime real estate on the homepage, meaning that 99% of your visitors will see it. While building an email list is fine, it shouldn’t take priority over selling.
  • Layout: I would use heatmaps to see where people are clicking and how far they scroll to get a better view of how they use your store, especially the homepage. Where do they click? How far are they scrolling?
  • Products: Right now, your products are showing correctly. I would remove them completely for right now and instead feature your collections instead. Considering how low your collections are on the page, my assumption is that few visitors are scrolling to it. If they aren’t clicking on the products and not making it to the collections, that means they may be leaving before getting to see your products.
  • Collections: Keep your images consistent here; all images should be the same dimensions. If not, the sizing gets off and stands out in a bad way. Also, you have a default template collection showing as well. 
  • Send us your selfies: This is such a great idea! I would remove the extra text to the right of the image, and I would re-orientate the image as a horizontal rather than vertical. 

Footer

• Contact Us: Link your email address and Facebook link. You also should add in a contact form to help visitors submit addresses. Additionally, I suggest using chat to answer questions while visitors are still on your store. 

Main Navigation

• Let’s talk for a moment about the navigation bar. The navigation bar has 15 items on it and is so long that it needs a scroll bar. That’s way too long! Someone should be able to land on your site and find what they need in 5 clicks or less. Some even say it should be found within 3 clicks. 
  • Instead of putting all of your pages and links on the main navigation bar, step back. Many of these can be moved to the footer, like About Us, Refund Policy, Size Chart, Terms of Service and Delivery Services. These are important pages to have around, but they don’t need to be on the main navigation. 
  • Once you clear that clutter, you can focus on your navigation that helps your visitors. Catalogue/Shop All is great - many merchants forget about that. 
  • As you condense your navigation, use heatmaps to evaluate where people are clicking on your navigation bar. You’ll find that some items can be moved around, updated or removed. For example, Co-Ords may need a different name to help visitors understand what it is.

Collection Page

For reference, I’m on the Dresses collection page.

• Image size consistency is going to be important here. When one or two images are the wrong dimensions and different from the others, it makes the page look less professional. Try to keep it consistent.
  • Filters would be helpful, such as style, colors, material, price, etc. If you watch a few session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, you can see how people engage with your products. That will help you evaluate what you need to do to help them find whatever it is they want to buy. 

Product Pages

For reference, I’m on the Stripes Glitter Trousers page.

• I would change this layout. The massive images that take over the page are great at showing the product but not the best at helping someone order them. I would move it to a more typical e-commerce layout with the image on the left and ordering information/product details on the right. 
  • Link to your shipping information here! 
  • I like that you have laundry instructions
  • I would add in a better description here. Craft a description that is creative and engaging rather than a list. 
  • Add in reviews! Make sure there’s a way for people to leave product reviews.
  • Your “You may also like” feature is broken.
    LuckyDanny_0-1600789568109.png

There is so much great opportunity for your store to grow, and I can’t wait to see how business takes off for you with the help of visitor behavior. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

Good luck! I hope this helps.

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1202 59 355

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here  

Your store feels little unfinished - with missing images, unnecessary white space, no custom domain etc. You haven't mentioned what you do in terms of driving traffic - knowing this will help us assess the strategy and give you some more tailored tips. 

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve complete website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/  

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
349 14 72

Hi @Beautiful2 welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share

1. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.

Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.

3. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances that are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google)

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
515 54 102

Hi @Beautiful2,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Congratulations on setting up a new store!

I'm going to walk through your site as if I were a visitor and provide my feedback. However, I think it's useful to try this exercise yourself every so often and try to place yourself in your visitor's shoes. It's good to think about the user's state of mind, their location, their history, etc. This is fundamental to User Experience design, and it's why it's great to have a Customer Persona created to refer to. There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here. So let's start, here is what I see when I land on your homepage:

20-09-sfubs-3qdlx

The first thing I see is the clutter of options on the menu. This looks messy and overwhelming and would discourage me straight away. The general principles of UX Design are that you want to make everything easy to navigate and appealing to your customer.

Can you reduce your menu down? Well, for starters, you don't need all the policies in your main menu. Not when you can include them in your footer:

20-09-99gt1-prlof

Perhaps you'd like to create drop-down menus? There's a great video on how to do that here:

Also, your logo is very small and hard to read. You want everything on your store to be easily accessible and that includes easy to read! Can you make your logo bigger and re-upload it to your store? You could try using our free image resizer here.

And then when it comes to the image itself, you will want to ensure you're uploading the sharpest quality images (there's more on this here). Moreover, if you upload an image where the model's head is chopped off, it has a subconscious effect on viewers. It makes the image seem unfinished, unnatural, or uncomfortable - which is the last thing you want to do!

In a similar vein, you will want to think about the colors of your store. Do they speak to the right people in the right way? Does that sound crazy? Because color psychology is a real thing and can have a big impact on your visitors. For example, does the wording in your announcement match the color that goes with it?

20-09-u20be-5das5

Terms like "latest", "fashion", "right to your door", suggest urgency, immediacy, speed. Could you use a more attention-grabbing, energy-promoting color to convey this?

I also took a look at your About Us page. Kudos for having one! It's very important and should form the heart of your brand.

20-09-ms2ef-wulgw

My initial impressions:

The text is very small, and therefore not as intuitive to read. Also, as sellers of fashionable clothing that you want to inspire women with, could you make your page a little more inspiring too?

Check out some great examples of About pages here

I hope this helps as a starting point. Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes