My name is Yuka and I recently launched my very first store. Still adding more products later on but I would like to hear some feedback!
- General first impressions of my store. - Is it easy to look at? Does anything immediately stand out (good or bad)? Is loading speed fast enough?
- If you were looking to purchase, would you feel compelled to buy anything? What do you think about pricing and shipping cost wise?
-SEO- I've read some articles and studied but still have no idea. If you've noticed anything please let me know.
My store - https://essenceofwa.com/
I am open to any suggestions/comments from anyone(does not have to be experienced, would like to hear general opinions)!
Thank you for taking time to see my post!
Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.
Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
I'd recommend starting your sales off locally.
I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.
I’d also approach local shops or liquor stores and see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.
With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:
You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:
If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. Here is a video on how to add a free review app to your store:
I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION TABS
To condense your product descriptions, you might consider adding tabs. In this video we show you how to do that (no coding!):
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hi @essenceofwa How are you doing?
Firstly, congratulations on your new store.
Regarding your question about the feel of your website, to be honest, It's dope, Fantastic and amazing but I will just offer you some pro tips as an expert.
* Add favicon to your website to bring out the authenticity in your store.
* Add more stunning banners and sliders to your store to make your store look more stunning.
* Reviews: Create/add more customer reviews to your store to build trust so potential customers will trust your product/brand. Imagine you are buying on Amazon and a particular product didn't have any feedback/review, I am pretty sure you won't be convinced to buy and the same is applicable here. You need to add more loyal customer reviews so traffic can trust your brand.
* SEO: You want organic traffic into your store always but you didn't want to depend on ads always. SEO is what you need to rank your website among your competitors and increase sales even when you don't expect it. There are many SEO practices that can help your store rank and drive organic traffic to your store...
* Sales Funnel: Just like SEO, you want to be having consistent sales in your store, build a potential/active customers' list, you need a traffic/sales conversion sales funnel for your website. This will help you with sales at every opportunity by building relationships with your subscribers, promote your products to them to have first sales, and returning customers through some automated designed email templates.
* Marketing and advertising: The fact is that you have done an amazing job designing this website to help you reach more audience and increase your brand recognition, you need proven and effective marketing strategies that can help you to have a successful and profitable promotion of your online store. You need an expert with this as well.
If you find this useful and helpful, kindly mark it as a solution and give like.
Do you need any help /expert consultation regarding the optimization of your store design, advice, and marketing? contact me.
I'm Richard - CRO Expert of PageFly - a Free Landing Page Builder for more than 100.000 Shopify merchants and I would love to give some feedback about your store based on my experience. Here comes my initial thoughts:
What is good:
- My 1st impression of your store is quite good, it looks clean and I am clear about what you sell. Also, the colors of the texts and images are striking and easy to focus on.
- You include collections and products on the Home page, which leads customers to your collection and product page.
- I really highly appreciate that you include sections such as the Free shipping bar, the Search bar, add to cart button, etc, and Policy & Privacy in the footer as it makes your website more professional and credible to your customers.
What should be improved:
1. Make the menu sticky
Firstly, you can consider making your menu a sticky section. When someone scrolling up or down, your menu will always display.
2. Add the "Add to cart" button under the product:
Because you have included an Add to cart icon at the top of your home page, you should add the "Add to cart" button under the product, which can encourage your customer to take action.
You can take a look at our Mondo template:
3. Show testimonials
No one can deny the importance of testimonials. It is proof of your product quality and also shows people how your customers feel about what you are selling. In other words, customer reviews can inspire others to purchase your products and build your customer trust. You can refer to our BFCM template to see how testimonials can look like:
To add reviews to your page, you can consider using third-party reviews apps such as Loox, Yotpo, or Judge.me, etc. We have a detailed article about the best Shopify review apps that you can take a look at.
Above are some of my feedback on your store. Hope you will find something valuable. Honestly, you are doing well, and please keep moving.
If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!
Some good points on your store:
- On mobile, the speed of your store is very low. Most of the traffic comes on mobile. Check out this blog to optimize the speed of your store: https://www.aitrillion.com/improve-your-ecommerce-site-performance-speed-to-boost-conversions/
- Add a favicon. You should change the banner image and add an attractive banner image related to the product that you are selling.
- You need to do some add ons to make your store engaging which will also help you to entice customers and drive conversions:
Hope this helps! You can start implementing the above suggestions, it will help you to make your store better and drive conversions. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app.
P.S- Free plan available.