Hello all. I'm rather new to Shopify and would like some feedback on my store from someone other than family & friends. I sell t-shirts and accessories, such as hats and totebags, that promote humanity, kindness, etc., (something that we all need a bit more of these days) but haven't been getting any traffic at all (at least no sales). Maybe that isn't an accurate statement, because I'm not sure how to check views of my store either (help!).
My store is affinity4humanity.com
Any advice on how to stand out would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you all in advance.
Dear @TStovall1177 , welcome to the Shopify family!
Hope your business is going good during this CoVid crisis. I checked your website and it looks neat!
I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks
1. The website looks a tad bit plain : Adding a background theme, or having a simple web design can boost your revenue growth as well as conversion rates. Studies show that users will judge websites as beautiful or not within 1/50th to 1/20th of a second. So a simple intuitive design would be a good way.
2. Add a favicon to your website, it'll boost your brand recognition, credibility and trust.
3. Main banner at your homepage is pixelated, do use a high quality image.
4. Use alerts / push-notifications to increase sales. Studies have found that these alerts can boost your app open-rates by 25% and app retention by 92%. A simple alert for updates and sales can benefit sales a lot. Make sure though, that they're not spammed when 3-4 alerts in website.
5. Invite customers to be part of your community. Also having a blog, getting out articles and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.
6. Though your product catalog is small right now - i.e. limited products, there still needs something to push me to buy - right now. Just like in a real life store, you want to display your best offers, top sellers, new arrivals right at the window of the store, isn't it? In the case of your store, i don't get this urgency at all.
Suggestion: Add some kind of stickers to showcase stuff like trending, running out fast, back in stock, hot seller etc. Apps in Shopify app store can help with this by making the process very easy & simple.
Your constant goal as a store (online or offline) is to quickly make a passerby become a shopper.
Try these feedbacks out and if you want more help, feel free to message me back anytime :D
PS: CoVid offer for all stores at https://community.shopify.com/c/COVID-19-Partner-Offers/Free-Credits-for-In-Store-Conversion-Sticker...