No Conversions But a lot of Traffic

H2Tessentials
1 0 0

I have had my store open to the public since April 4th 2021 and I have spent hundred of dollars on advertising , gotten 5K traffic from the 4th-now . But I have yet to get sales . What am I doing wrong . My advertising specs are really going and I have a click through rate of 7% spending $25/day on Facebook ads and another $15/day on Google ads . My store link is : Head2Toessentials.com

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
783 98 252

Hey @H2Tessentials,

Sorry to hear that, it's super discouraging to put money in and not get a return on your investment. I've taken a look through your store, hopefully I can provide some insight as to why this is happening.

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).

First with your ad targeting, a few tips:

If you are running paid ads on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok etc. Keep in mind that each platform has a user demographic so you want to be advertising on the platforms where your target audience spends their time. People tend to default to Facebook ads but that may not be the best place for you depending on who you are trying to target.

Doing a brand deal with an influencer is a good way to find someone within your niche who has an audience of followers that you want to reach. Two tips:

• Don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success
  • Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.

You can expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

Here is a video we did on ads:

Now onto free traffic, you could do content marketing. Take the Detail Geek for example, he has a detailing service based business and an online store where he sells the products he uses for the details. He creates weekly videos detailing cars > gets paid for this service AND he drives traffic to his online store > paid from online sales.

screencapture-head2toessentials-2021-04-20-13_47_39.png

Regarding your products. Handmade body care is commonly done so you need to give people a reason as to why they should purchase from you vs. the other guys. I would suggest before and after photos or testimonials. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. Use this language in your ads and throughout your store.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes

Hi @H2Tessentials!

Beautiful site! 

Home page:

• Add a unique value proposition above the fold.
  • Fix the spacing between paragraphs under the "Who we are" header. 
  • The "Whipped Strawberry Mango" product feels out of place without some kind of explanation as to why it's on the home page. Is it a featured product? If so, why?
  • Update "Soap Dish" in the drop-down menu to "Soap Dishes" (so that it's plural). Same with any other menu items that aren't plural but for which there is more than one product.
  • Ensure that the copy on the home page is different than the copy on "Our Story" for SEO purposes.

Product pages:

• Add a paragraph to each product page that uniquely describes each product, in addition to the product description. (For example: Add more content to this product page.)
  • Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews, written reviews, and photos taken by customers.
  • Create a unique hashtag and encourage customers to use it and tag your store on Instagram, etc.
  • For SEO, add product type to headers. For example, update "Whipped Mango" to "Whipped Mango Body Butter" here.

Other SEO recommendations:

• Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add more original, creative content to 1) your home page, 2) landing pages, and 3) product pages.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via co-marketing campaigns, blogging, communities, social media.
CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3047 176 553

Hello @H2Tessentials, Welcome to the Shopify community! I reviewed your store and here are some suggestions:

- Your store looks aesthetically good but you need to work on the layout of the homepage. 

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- blog section- Instagram Feed.

- Add the ‘buy now’ button- it lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process. So instead of having to add items to the cart, going to the cart page, and then to the checkout page, they can go from the product page to the checkout page in one click. This way, you reduce drop-offs and cart abandonment.

To reduce the bounce rate you need to make your store engaging. Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helsp!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes