No - Low Sales, Help with store feedback please!

ShopNostaAdmin
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello Shopify Community!

I was hoping to get some feedback on my store www.shopnosta.com 

I launched my Shopify store around March of 2020 (Pandemic Project). 80's and 90's inspired designs, "A modern taste of nostalgia" Was the tag-line. Now almost a year later, I have evolved the store into a brand. To get it there, I purchased a high quality templates on Shopify. I've designed several apparel items which span over multiple categories. I have tried almost anything and everything to reach a niche I felt inspired by. But....I'm not seeing any results, and I think I'm too in my head about all of it.

MY PROCESS:

I have worked with many people on Fivvr to help with setting up ads through both google, influencers, FB ads and social media. I have lost so much money on fighting with FB ads over being disabled and work strictly with Google at this point. Through all this, I have had great success with store visits, and even a few add to carts. However, even with Free Shipping, Discount codes, follow up abandoned email carts, and spending even more on budget, I have made a total of two sales.

MY FEARS:

Maybe I have bitten off more then I can chew, with having a brand this large and this new? Is my pricing too high? Do I not have the right content? 

I am no where close to giving up on this, but I am extremely frustrated. I feel like I have spent more time looking up tutorials and forums then I truly need to see at least some success, for the amount of time and money I have put into this. 

NEXT STEPS:

I would like to purchase as much as I can clothing wise to shoot content unrelated to just the Printful mockups provided. I also think my pricing might be too high for an unrecognizable brand.....even thought he quality is top notch. 

If any of the Shopify community can take some time to see what possible next steps I can do, and what you think would help push my brand to more sales would be greatly appreciated. I think I've been too stubborn to ask for help in this way before, but I know I need to make some changes to run this brand successfully. 

Any help is beyond appreciated (and respectably needed) 

-James

0 Likes

Hey James (@ShopNostaAdmin),

Sorry to hear, it sounds like you have invested a lot into this and to not see any fruit of that labor has to be super discouraging.

First, let's touch on ads. As you've experienced, Facebook ads have gotten expensive, it's why we don't recommend you go straight to them. We did a whole video on this, I'll leave it here for you to watch:

If you aren't getting a return on your current ad strategy, it might be time to pull back and start looking at some free methods - creating your own content. You can do this through IG Reels or TikTok. For longer videos you could look at YouTube. Give this interview a watch, I think you will resonate with what is said here:

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We have a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

Final thoughts..

As I'm sure you know, clothing is a very saturated niche that is hard to break into. I'd recommend checking out Atomic Habits, or this article for a glimpse at what I'm taking about. I think where you are at currently is what they describe as "the valley of disappointment". You've done a lot of work and invested a lot to get it to this point, keep going.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
ShopNostaAdmin
Tourist
3 0 1
Thank you so much for your response! excited to watch the videos, and I
really appreciate the words of encouragement. This is exactly the push I
needed to keep going. I'll update with results and continue looking forward
to new feedback!

-James
0 Likes

Hi @ShopNostaAdmin,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store and want to give you some comments: 

I- Home page

- Make a sticky header: You should make a sticky header- a fixed menu bar will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will not need to scroll back and forth anytime they need to visit a page.

- The search field should be immediately obvious: Users tend to rely on the search as a fallback strategy when they got stuck, therefore, making an obvious search bar helps reduce users’ anxiety in critical moments when they decide what to do now. 

RichardNguyen_1-1610683300686.png

- It is great to see you implement carousels on your homepage to display your collections, however, I would like to give some feedback to make it better. The CTA buttons should be bigger to encourage users to click on it. Besides that, the carousels should be made to autorate, but not too quickly, the autoration should temporarily pause when hovered and permanently pause after any user interaction. 

II- Collection page

- You should consider using “Load more” button instead of “Pagination”, this allows users to actively decide whether they need to see more products, and easily assess their favorite products in one page. 

- I would suggest the list item thumbnail should be enhanced on mouse hover. When the users hover on the list item, the thumbnail should change to the secondary thumbnail image like “human model” images- by doing so, it will enable users to better assess the products from the product list. You can refer to H&M website for more details: https://www2.hm.com/en_au/women/new-arrivals/clothes.html 

- You should include both the user rating average and number of ratings on the product list items. This is one of the crucial elements for users’ purchasing decisions. They will rely on both to decide whether they should explore further a product.

III- Product page

- Having a full understanding of products is crucial for users to make a purchasing decision. Therefore, I would recommend you provide 3-5 images of products from multiple angels. You can refer to Mango website for more details: https://www.mangooutlet.com/es/mujer/camisas/blusa-fluida-textura_53030593.html?c=08&n=1

- When people purchase online, one of the things they would consider is whether the site provides return policy or not. Therefore, I would suggest you display or link to the Return policy on the main product page content. 

- Normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. You can consider displaying reviews on your product page in this case.

Above is my recommendation on your store. If you find it helpful please hit LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION

Best of luck! 

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Group | Youtube.
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
Arunesh
Excursionist
67 6 27

Hello @ShopNostaAdmin 

Sorry to hear that your store is not receiving orders. Although I think that it's quite amazing.

I've gone through your store thoroughly and I must say I found the user experience very rich and friendly. The website has been designed very meticulously and I am sure, it will be a hit in no time. 

There are very few stores like that of yours on the internet having such a beautiful concept. But I think even a website such elegant as yours need some marketing. Marketing and promotion are the second most important jobs to be done, once you've launched your website.

We at Descrii offer similar services to start-ups at a very reasonable price range. Our team consists of some very talented professionals. And we will be obliged if you give us a chance to be a part of the beautiful journey of your store that lies ahead. 

Arunesh Kumar

Marketing Officer, Descrii 

Visit Our Website-  https://descrii.tech/

Find us on Shopify store-  https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions

Contact-  hello@descrii.tech

Descrii Description Generator
Regards and Well Wishes!
Kindly leave a Like if it helped you in any way.
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2414 141 439

Hello @ShopNostaAdmin, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- There is a space in the header. It should not be there.

Screenshot - 2021-01-15T114217.052.png

- On the collection page, don't display the product too large like this as shown in the screenshot.

Screenshot - 2021-01-15T114556.218.png

- Add add to cart and shop now button below the products. Add Wishlist on the product. On the collection page, display all the products like this and remove that image that is too large.

Screenshot - 2021-01-15T114748.489.png

- Remove 'Our favourite' section from the home page or if you want to add this then add multiple products as you have displayed in the new arrivals and other sections of the home page.

Your store is lacking in customer engagement. It's important to increase customer engagement in an eCommerce store to capture visitors by engaging them with the help of engagement features and enticing them to make a purchase by rewarding them for the specific action they take. Add the customer engagement tools in your store:

When assessing a site, we want to know what others have thought of the products they sell and the service provided. That is where customer reviews come in, they are an indicator that other people have shopped on the site and enjoyed their purchase. Add reviews in your store. It is a very essential tool for an eCommerce business.

You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

- Retarget customers with push notifications in real-time.

- Enable browse abandoned workflow so when customers browse some product you can send an email or push notification to the customer reminding them to complete the purchase.

- Automate your store as much you can to reach your customers effectively and efficiently.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to help!

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
ShopNostaAdmin
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you Richard!  You've truly gone above and beyond. I can't thank you enough for the feedback, and I look forward to implementing the suggestions you've made. I definitely think your reply with be extremely helpful for others in the same situation as well!

-James 

You are most welcome @ShopNostaAdmin. I really hope my feedback would do the trick for you. Best of luck! 

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Group | Youtube.
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
0 Likes