No Sales/ Could use your feedback

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey there!

My Shopify store has been live for months and I still haven't made a sale. I would GREATLY appreciate some constructive criticism. Maybe you can see something I cant :)   Thanks!!

Link:

https://www.oakfirestore.com/?key=8556170aeb746865753c7a5df7a7f2b1e85c5cce500a16da98ded1fe4418d523

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
86 3 17

Hi @JShutt ,

When reviewing underperforming stores you need to break it down into two areas: 1) traffic to the site and 2) user funnel on the site

1 - Traffic to the site

- How many unique users are coming to the site / day? You need at least 1000 visitors (total) to have some sort of statistically significant data to review. 

- Where are the users coming from (specific country / site, etc)? If paid search - how are they targeted? 

- How long are users staying on the site? - If less than a few seconds they are probably the wrong users.

Only once you have enough traffic coming to the site that has some appropriate targeting should you then look at the site.

2 - Site funnel

- For all the users arriving at the site, where do they drop from the funnel (home page > product page > cart > checkout > successful purchase).

- Once you have enough users arriving on the site you can see if there is a specific stage of the funnel you have a bigger drop off than industry standards - as a point of note you should be aiming for 1%-3% successful purchase from all unique users that land on your site. Then grow from there. 

- If you identify a specific part of the funnel that has a larger than average drop off - focus in on this to see what is the core issue.

Hope that helps. 

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@mccaly wrote:

Hi @JShutt ,

When reviewing underperforming stores you need to break it down into two areas: 1) traffic to the site and 2) user funnel on the site

1 - Traffic to the site

- How many unique users are coming to the site / day? You need at least 1000 visitors (total) to have some sort of statistically significant data to review. 

- Where are the users coming from (specific country / site, etc)? If paid search - how are they targeted? 

- How long are users staying on the site? - If less than a few seconds they are probably the wrong users.

Only once you have enough traffic coming to the site that has some appropriate targeting should you then look at the site.

2 - Site funnel

- For all the users arriving at the site, where do they drop from the funnel (home page > product page > cart > checkout > successful purchase).

- Once you have enough users arriving on the site you can see if there is a specific stage of the funnel you have a bigger drop off than industry standards - as a point of note you should be aiming for 1%-3% successful purchase from all unique users that land on your site. Then grow from there. 

- If you identify a specific part of the funnel that has a larger than average drop off - focus in on this to see what is the core issue.

Hope that helps. 

Most Definitely. Thanks Man!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hey @JShutt,

I loved your store. I've broken down a few areas that I think you may benefit from taking a look at-

1. Changing placement of your newsletter subscription box to the top of the store. This will help you to capture more.

2.  Provide contact information throughout your site, including an about us page. Don’t act like you’re hiding from your customers; that will hardly make them more trusting!

3. You need to work on your store footer. 

4. I think you have such a varied array of products in the one store. So you should create a seperate product category page or mention the categories in navigation dropdown. 

With that said, it is likely going to be easier to assess what direction you may want to shift to if you had a bit more information on what your current marketing and social media efforts you have engaged in. How much traffic you are getting on your store, Is your store new, What is your Conversion rate & Bounce Rate?

There are other "must have" suggestions . Being a shopify partner I would love to help you with your store engagement.  Feel free to email me at sachin@aitrillion.com.

Regards,

Aitrillion.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hi ,

Your store looks nice and the products are different.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Make sure you add slider i.e. just above footer to "Say Hello to The Great Outdoors" section.
  2. You can add favicon on the website, it’s simple and add uniqueness to the site as well.
  3. Add some social sites to get connected as it will help you in getting sales and  add something in quick links.
  4. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  5. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search
  6. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  7. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value.
  8. The default search landing page https://www.oakfirestore.com/search?q= is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  9. Lastly, You have over 10 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Nice site. I would recommend adding more products. Make the product range wider.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Here's a couple cents from me: drop a few of the apps. The reviews scraped from Ali will look suspicious to your target customers, and if the Spin-to-Win isn't earning you any conversions, consider turning it off for a while. Same goes for the social proofs fly-out.

Tell your brand's story, focus on creating a credible and trustworthy "voice" and try to cultivate a more upscale presentation. Right now, the site looks good and the product assortment is compelling, but there are a few subtle red flags that may be costing you business. 

0 Likes