Could anyone kindly offer some advice on how I could improve conversion on my homeware store?
The site has been up for a few months now but I'm not making sales. Im getting good traffic from my social media accounts, and facebook ads. I have done lots of research on how to improve my conversion rate, but nothing seems to be getting results.
Any feedback would be much appreciated
After checking your page, I have some suggestions below, hope it might help you out.
In order to improve your website, you probably need some improvements with your Homepage and Product page, since I have noticed the content of these pages is not 100% effective.
You can consider adding and fixing some sections:
This is the first thing that would make your website look trustworthy and professional. Read this guide here on how to add a favicon to your Shopify store.
Maximize the use of your banner by adding a catchy heading/ content. This could be some words about your brands, who you are, what you offer, what are your specialities, or even new products and promotions. Try adding more banners so that people can spend more time exploring through your store.
People look for a product from your social media accounts and ads, but they just fail finding a search bar and your collection list. You can consider repositioning these in the header, and making them visible to your visitors.
I personally like it if you can add an image background in the section below. Just a small suggestion but that would help your customers a lot, to know exactly what your current offers.
The sticky header, instead, improves your customer’s experience through your store, by “sticking" to the page when you scroll down. This feature allows your customers to navigate through the site and make it easier to search for the products.
This is the most important part you should take care of. Customer’s feedbacks and reviews can build trust for your store. Sometimes, they just don't want to miss out some useful contents/ reviews from other users about your product.
I can tell you have not yet had an About us page. You can add more information about your store, or just communicate the story of your business and how you started it. This is a supporting page to say “Who we are” that helps people to quickly understand your brand. Check out this article on How to write your own About us from Shopify, or Why you should never overlook your Shopify "About us" page.
You can consider adding them, this is optional, a pop-up window can help to find leads, by getting people's attention to your marketing campaigns/ discount offers. While adding your Instagram/ Facebook gallery would be an option to a content rich website.
Your Product Page
It’s nice to see an appropriate number of your product images, which is normally 3-5 images per product, ideally, in different angles and situations. Just consider these minor adjustments:
Those are some sections that most customers will look for. For more suggestions, you can check this guide: How to design a website: Best practices and tips to maximize conversion rate.
Hope my recommendations above can help you out with the success of your store. If you find it helpful, please “Like" or mark it as a “Solution” to let me know.
Have seen your site and maybe have some suggestions for you:
- At first, your theme is very suitable, so try to keep it up.
- I think you should move the title down there, and the bar should have your messages.
- It would be great if you can add Quickview buttons to allow your customers to see more product details faster.
- Have seen your Instagram gallery and it's quite big in my opinion. Also, it's not shoppable.
Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create a shoppable one.
- Add the CTA button on this section to encourage your customer to buy some after reading your inspirational story
- On your product pages, you need to add:
+ Sticky add to cart bar
+ The title of your description
+ More upsell and cross-sell methods because you're selling many types of products
- Consider having live chat support to improve your customer service. WhatsApp can be a good channel to chat with your friends.
App WhatsApp Chat & Abandoned Cart will help you do that.
- In my opinion, your products are very amazing, so I think the problem can be placed at the price. You can try to have some promotion events to see how it works.
Hope this helps!
Hi @ObaHomeUK !
Add a favicon
I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
Hello @ObaHomeUK , Ads will help definitely get you traffic and some conversions but it is also important to make your store engaging enough to engage more and more traffic coming to your store and make them purchase from your store. First of all, you need to work on your store. Being a homeware store makes it more appealing and attractive. Here are a few suggestions:-
- On the homepage, Instagram images shown are too large. Show them in a horizontal way. Make your homepage and product page more appealing & professional.
- In the navigation bar, create a drop-down menu in the 'all products' section then create each collection. It makes your store easy to navigate.
- Display reviews or testimonials on the homepage.
- Welcome customers coming to your store with an attractive & customized pop-up. Make sure to delay it for 40-45 seconds.
- You can add the reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
- You can try social media conversion techniques on the store for better conversion.
Make your marketing game strong with the help of eCommerce marketing tools. It will help you get more conversions and will reduce the bounce rate.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement & marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.