No Sales

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2
Can someone please help me. I have had no sales at all. I'm at that stage maybe close my shop. No money left. I just want to make a few sales. My shop is
Mesmerizingmelts.com

Thank you.
Xx
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
171 27 86

Hey there, 

I hope you're doing well. 

I can understand the tough situation you must be in right now. I had a look at your store and your products, images and design looks really great, you're definitely headed in the right direction design wise and with a few tweaks and turns, you'll be able to achieve your desired results in no time. 

I have a few recommendations, I hope my insights will be of help to you. 

1. Firstly, your header is too big, it's covering around half of your landing page. Please reduce that and also add a Call to action button on your hero image, eg. shop now, that takes the visitor directly to the catalogue page. 

2. Image numbers - Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 image. 

3. Product description - Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search.

4. You must use live chat. There’s no way around it. If people have questions, they need it answered while they are still on your site. You can set up auto invites to trigger when certain criteria is met.

5. Invite customers to be part of your community. You can set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.

6. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. I would like to recommend you one of the best apps for the same purpose - Superbar

7. Cart Page : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.

8.Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top

9. Lastly, as per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar

Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product. You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below. 

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. 

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful. 

Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost 

I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you. 

Arushi

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 84

Hi, @Bonham246.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

I appreciate you reaching out to get feedback on your store. Thank you @arushibhatia20 for your suggestions. They're great.

I just wanted to add some additional feedback, I really like how you've got product descriptions that explain what your customers can expect when they receive and use your products. I recommend including some ways your customers could use your products. For example, they could use your candles to decorate their bath tub or gift to a friend who is looking for a way to treat themselves. What kind of experience would your customer have if they purchased your product? Who could they use the product with? When can they use it, and where could they use it? 

We have a great help doc on writing product descriptions that sell, here: 9 Product Descriptions that Inform and Persuade Your Customers. It includes tips on focusing on your ideal buyer, how to entice your customers with benefits, avoiding redundant phrasing, how to appeal to your customers and other suggestions. We also have a great guide on getting your first sale in 30 days, here: How to Get Your First Sale in 30 Days: A Marketing Checklist for New Entrepreneurs. You will find tips on ways to get free traffic on your store, how to use paid advertising, how to do outreach and analyze your results.  

I also noticed that your store has a banner at the top of the page that says, "Select a goal". I'm not sure if this is clear to customers on what they need to do. I suggest rephrasing this so that your call to action is clear to the customer. What are you looking to do? 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
117 21 80

Hey there, @Bonham246!  

I understand your difficult situation. You’ve put in this hard work and no one’s biting. Let’s see what we can do to turn it around.

Homepage

• Update and link the banner. Right now it just says “Select a goal first.” I would change it to say “FREE shipping for orders over £30” and link it. 
  • Pause the live sales notification for now.
  • Switch your hero image so that it’s horizontal rather than vertical and add a CTA. 
  • Take down your review stars for each product until you start generating more reviews.
  • Make sure your social media links open in a new tab!

Consider using heatmaps to see where people click and how far they scroll on your page. I would be curious to see how they are utilizing your homepage. I’ll include a link at the bottom of my feedback to heatmaps (and other visitor behavior tools) that have a free trial to help save you money. 

Footer

• Privacy policy: Just hyperlink your links
  • Refund policy: Link your email address and remove the phone number field.
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address and remove the phone number field.
  • Contact Us: Add in a little message with your typical business hours, phone number and your linked email address. Again, remove the phone number field from the form. Customers tend to be scared away from providing phone numbers. 
  • Do you ship internationally? Having a shipping page may be beneficial to help all of your customers from international locations.
  • How do you care for the wax? Considering using an FAQ to answer common questions that people may have. 

Main navigation

• I would change the order here. I would say: Home | Shop App | Wax Melts | Burners | BOGO | Contact Us. Move your About Us to the footer unless heatmaps show that you’re getting a lot of engagement.  
  • Watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to evaluate how people are navigating through your store. If you aren’t getting any sales, it would be beneficial to see why. What’s stopping them? How can you make this main navigation help them? 

Collection/Product Pages
For reference, I’m looking at Wax Melts. 

• Refine your filters. Think of how your visitors would want to search for products. I would group them by things like fruits, floral, memories, color, etc. Right now it’s way too long.
  • Add in other filters for price, deal, availability, etc.
  • Limit it to the collection. In Wax Melts, I’m also getting Wax Melt Burners. 

For product pages, I’m looking at the Aloe Vera & Cucumber Wax Melt.

• Remove your brand name from the product. It’s unnecessary. 
  • Reiterate your free shipping offer! For those who don’t quality for free shipping, don’t leave shipping costs to the checkout. 
  • Add more information in your description. How long do 12 melts burn for? How many do you use at once? What are they made of? 
  • For reviews, add in a review request in your purchase confirmation emails. When you do have a sale, you’ll be able to encourage those reviews!

Other ideas

• Run a poll asking “What stopped you from check out today?” or “Did you find what you were looking for today?”
  • Segment your heatmaps by device, campaign, traffic source, etc., to really explore potential patterns from your visitors. Where do they click? Where do they not click? Follow-up with session recordings to spot what happened between the landing page and their exit page. 

Don’t give up yet, @Bonham246! I know it feels like you’re headed in the wrong direction, but I believe that you’re so close to seeing more sales come in. Learning what’s stopping your traffic from converting is the first piece to this conversion puzzle. As I mentioned earlier, I understand you’re not interested in spending more money to get visitor behavior. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. There is also a freemium plan available as well. 

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny 

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
132 5 31

Hi @Bonham246

I hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You have a really pretty store.

1. The website feels empty and lacks character, I think an addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. Evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
2. Provide Clear navigation list out various sections of your site, and link to them, this will help visitors with an overall understanding of the content you offer.
3. Engage your audience by writing blogs with better titles and promoting them on various social media platforms will be helpful.
4. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
5. Adding a wishlist feature will be helpful as Wishlists signify a customer's interest in a product without an immediate intent to purchase.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.

I hope this helps! 
Munawar

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
:gift:Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 0 6

Hi there! I think your store is well designed! The layout is bright and attractive! I can see that you put the "review" section for your products. It's good! Customers tend to trust reviews to make decision. But most of the products haven't received any reviews yet, which makes your store boring and not trustful at all. In my opinion, you could use some tool to help optimize your reviews, right now I'm using Ali Reviews  app. This app has a feature which allows me to imports reviews from CSV file, so you can create and add reviews by yourself. I think this feature could help you to attract more customers get some orders at first step. 

1 Like