No Sales :(

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello Everyone! 
I opened my online store a year ago but I’ve only had a few sales. How can I get more customers to my website and once they are on the website convert them into buyers? Any and all feedback will be appreciated. The link to my website is www.lccandles.net. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Candles732,

Your candles are priced really well. I would make sure you put somewhere on the homepage that your candles are all handmade, using all natural soy wax.

Candles are something you want to smell before you buy and since that is not possible, I would recommend asking customers to leave ratings/reviews on your candles. A high rating at least will give a potential customer a good idea that a particular scent is one they might want to try.

If you are only getting a few sales a year, I'd recommend maybe going with Shopify Lite. You can still sell your products online using your Facebook and Instagram pages but the monthly cost is much less - it's $9 USD.

If you decide to stick with your full website, here is what I would recommend:

Change your theme - which I know is a big deal, but I believe it is necessary. This theme works well on mobile devices but it is very hard to navigate on desktop. You have to hover to see the price of your products and the navigation menu disappears when you leave the homepage. Having that drop down navigation menu in the top left-hand corner is not where the eye is trained to look for it, I think a lot of visitors will miss it completely.

candles-product.png

Additionally, on the individual products page, the image is so big that it takes up my entire screen. I can't see a price, a description or the add to cart button unless I scroll down. This is not good, you want to make the purchasing process as simple and quick as possible for your customers.

Next, change the photos on your website (this may be an issue only with your current theme so I'd only do this after changing the theme). They are currently blurry, it usually happens because of one of these three reasons:

1. When you save the image, it saves as a low quality image or .jpg (.png is recommended)
  2. The image is too BIG and is automatically compressed when uploaded.
  3. The image is too SMALL and gets stretched out/blurred when it tries to fit the space.

We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. This comes down to your SEO, you are getting traffic but it's the wrong kind of traffic.

When I take a look at your product SEO, this is what I see and this is how it would show up in search results or social media shares:

candles-meta.png

By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO. The issue here is that a person searching for your type of products wouldn't type "Autumn Breeze" into Google, they would type something along the lines of "fall essential oil soy candle". We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

My last piece of advice, because I truly do want you to succeed, is to think of ways that you can stand out and be different from all of the other candles out there. All natural soy using essential oils does set you apart from some candles, but a lot of people are making the same thing. Are you familiar with the company that put jewelry in their candles? Smart! Something like that,. what would make LC Candles one of a kind?

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Great for store pop-ups or social media posts!
Pink, Orange, Red & Blue • Percentage off Variations Ranging from 20% - 80% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Thank you so much!! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be implemented ASAP.
1 Like