No Scooby Doo what to do!

Reelleader
2 0 1

Hey there fellow shoppifyers!

i just launched a my first e-commerce drop shipping business focused on fishing;

http://reelleader.myshopify.com/

But I’m not appearing on google search even after registering my sitemap and domain

Am now stumped what to do next, as don’t want to start spending money on ads until my store officially exists in the eyes google!

Any ideas and feedback on my store would be much appreciated!

thanks guys

Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. Congratulations on launching your first business online! That is really exciting. Your site looks great, you've done some really solid work on the store design. 

In terms of getting on search results, this can take anywhere up to six months to start seeing the fruits of your labors with your SEO. It is a marathon, rather than a sprint. There is a fantastic article here on Forbes that I absolutely loved that details what to expect month-by-month as you build your website's trust and ranking. Long story short, it takes time, and continued effort. 

It sounds like you have made a great start in submitting your sitemap, but there is more to SEO than simply submitting it to be indexed. We have a useful checklist here on what you can be doing to continually improve and add to your site's search rankings. Have you considered starting a blog on your site? 

In terms of your marketing plan, who have you identified as your core market for your products? Have you created some marketing personas for them? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hey there, @Reelleader!  

Congrats on your store! It’s always exciting to get your first store up and going, and you’re doing great! 

I agree with @cal that Google can take time to show you in the search. I wouldn’t let that hold you back from running ads though, especially on social media. 

On to your website!

Right away, I see an issue - your newsletter form/25% off pull-down button is in the way of the currency conversion! It doesn’t scroll, so it’s very hard to click the blue button.

LuckyDanny_0-1600119314344.png

Another important thing is your announcement bar - make sure it’s linked! I also wouldn’t make it possible to close it; this is a deal you want people to know about.

Moving onto the homepage

• Use a click heatmap to see how people respond to your hero images. I would test running with one and a more obvious CTA than the rotating images. See what you can do to make it stand out.
  • For the most part, I think your layout is fine. Use a scroll heatmap to see how far people are scrolling on your page and what information they miss. You may want to remove “Top Brands” unless it’s a selling point for your visitors. Since none of the logos are linked, it would only apply to the serious fisherman, and they may not even see it on the page.
  • Be mindful of your badges. You don’t really have free shipping unless $35 is spent. Those are little details that could make some visitors upset.
  • Newsletter: Add in more value here. Do they get a discount? Do they get fishing tips and ways to submit their own fish photos? Don’t think of it as a newsletter. We all get too many newsletter that aren’t being read, but we can have interest in a community that benefits your visitors. 

Footer

• About Us: I would add in your own fishing photos! Show that you walk the walk and talk to the talk. 
  • FAQs: You don’t need the questions in bullet form before you answer said questions. Jump right into the questions. Use click heatmaps to find your most clicked FAQ and rearrange as necessary. Link when necessary, such as to the return policy and email address. 
  • Contact Us: Link your email address and remove the phone number field; it’s a field with a higher abandonment rate. 
  • International Shipping: Link “Contact Us” under “Rest of the World.” 
  • Social Media: It should open in a new tab. Also, your Instagram link isn’t working. 

Navigation 

• Use a heatmap to evaluate where your visitors are clicking. Evaluate this and move some to the footer or remove from the main navigation accordingly. 
  • Watch a session recording, which acts like a DVR for your website, to see how people are moving around your website. How are they reaching your collection pages? 
  • My favorite part of your main navigation is the Beginners collection. That is fantastic!

Collection Pages

For reference, I’m on the Fishing Rods collection. 

• Update your filter; being I’m in Fishing Rods, having a filter for “rods” isn’t very helpful. I would add in filters for pricing, size, brand, rating and type of fishing. 
  • Why is there an asterisk after “Free shipping over $35*” in your collection description? Is there fine print that customers should know?

Product Pages

For reference, I’m on the Baitcast Carbon Fiber Fishing Rod page.

• Reiterate your shipping deal and link to your shipping links
  • The description leaves a bit to be desired. If I’m new to fishing, how do I know what length to buy? Use your expertise to explain when you may use the 1.98 spinning vs. 2.13 spinning.
  • Can you think of a better way to give some of this information, especially this? 

LuckyDanny_1-1600119314399.png

It’s hard to read in its current state. It reads drop-shipperrather than expert. You’ve already mentioned the brand name and material in the description. Would a chart help you show where it can be used? 

You’re definitely headed in the right direction, and I can’t wait to see how your business grows. Visitor behavior is going to help you build business and see those conversions start to pour in. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
471 46 157

Hi @Reelleader,

Have seen your store and have some suggestions for you:

- Change the background color because it makes your logo hard to recognize. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1600142035536.png

- I see your Instagram and it just has a few contents. Try to add more content on your Instagram and also post them only your store. 

If you want to create one, check out this app: Shoppable Instagram Gallery

- It would be great if you can have some real-life product photos or videos. Your customers love to see how people are using your products. 

- Maybe you can try to add the story of why you start this business.

- Create a blog page as soon as possible. Your customers love to see some blogs that talk about fishing tips or where they can go fishing. 

Hope it helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes