No sales - Low visitor

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

Hello, I have started a small hoodie website with my own brand. I cant seem to get any sales. I have been in touch with a few friends and others where they all say they love it, but no one seems to buy it.. Can someone see if theres something wrong with my website? I have tried FB ads.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 47

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @MrSleek!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

First off, I took a look at your store and I find it to be extremely well built. All the products are aesthetically consistent and the layout of everything is clean and user friendly. Well done! With that being said, I completely understand that it can be frustrating to not see the sales come in after working so hard on your store. However, I do have a few tips that are sure to increase conversion and visits. Let's go through it together.

About Us Page

I would recommend adding personal touches to your store. Your product and brand is clear but your customers will want to know more about you, your business and how it came to be. That's why I would suggest adding an About Us page to your main menu. This will increase your SEO rankings and trust battery with your clients. Here's an informative blog post on how to write a persuasive About Us page

Homepage

I would also suggest adding a little blurb section about your business on your homepage in case your customers don't have the time to click through various pages. Another great add on to your homepage would be an Instagram feed. Here are a few app options for that. 

Favicon

It's all about the details! It may seem like a small thing but adding a favicon to your store will round off your brand nicely. You have a really cool logo so creating a favicon from that will solidify your brand. You can add a favicon on most themes under Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings.

Adding Reviews

I took a peak at your product page and it looks great! I love your curated photos! A great add on for this page would be reviews. We have an application called Product Reviews that presents reviews from your customers directly on your product page. It is proven to increase the likelihood of your customers adding to cart since they know your product can be trusted.

Marketing Plan

Have you created a marketing plan for your business yet? This is definitely crucial in increasing conversions and targeting the right audience in social ad campaigns. I would recommend browsing through the above link to ensure that you have the right tactics in place. Then you can start creating campaigns from there.

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @MrSleek 

I think we need to break this down a bit. I have two key questions for you: 

1. who is your target audience for your brand?
  2. what is the story of your brand / designs?

Addressing these two questions should be your first priority so you can be on your way not only to be getting more customers, but more of the right customers. 

In fact, the questions above are interlinked in the sense that the story for why you created the brand in the first instance may well reflect who your target audience is. And don't be nervous that by narrowing your target audience you will be missing out on the opportunity to reach everyone. The narrower your target audience, the greater your chance of success because you can market to them (more cost effectively), you can design for them and they can associate with you (hence, multiple buys). This will lead to increased revenue per customer which is ideal because the cost to acquire a new customer is always higher. 

So how do you do this practically? Well firstly have an 'about' section that talks about who you are and why you started the brand, your motivations etc. Then I would advise starting a blog on the site so you can talk about the evolution of your brand and your inspirations. This should be fun for you. All this means that the narrow focus of people you now cater to will find you or once they get to you (via paid advertising, word of mouth), they will be hooked to the site, associate with it and be more inclined to buy. 

The final piece has to be customer reviews. Even though you have no customer right now, you need to adopt a strategy of getting your first reviews and then being able to get a high conversion rate of reviews by all customers subsequently that I am sure you will get. At Syntellio we help with this so get in touch and we can help put things in place. 

I hope this helps. 

95% of shoppers read online reviews before making a purchase

Syntellio collects online reviews on your behalf and allows you to share to social media, helping you increase sales and make your store a success.

Get started for free here.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Sleek Clothings,

The store has a lot of potential but, certain aspects need to be worked on. The following below-mentioned areas need improvement:

1. The newsletter should be shifted to the footer instead as it occupies a lot of space.
  2. Instead, utilize the space for adding Instagram images suitable for better brand promotion.
  3. You should add terms and conditions in the footer like Privacy policy, Terms of service, etc again as these also help in building search engine content.
  4. Footer needs a little modification. Footer links should be placed to the left, newsletter to the right and social links should be placed below both of them.
  5. Bestsellers are a must for depicting site peculiarity.
  6. Testimonials should be added for better brand promotion.
  7. Reviews need to be added for better customer choice.
  8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  9. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the store starts receiving ample of sales shortly.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hey @MrSleek ,

You can make your store interactive for more conversions. Paid ads are the most effective source to drive traffic and a good amount of visitors to the store and for converting that traffic into sales, make sure your store is engaging enough to entice your customers. Give Loyalty points and rewards to the customers. Use Email marketing, customer segmentation which will help you to send targeted emails with workflow automation. It will help you to increase conversions and sales. Also, you can give rewards to your customers. Add web push notification to send updates to your customers even when they are not on your store.

These strategies will help you to convert your traffic into paying customers and will reduce the bounce rate. 

If your store will be engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store.  It helps in increasing sales.

If you would like to implement all these on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
343 27 100

Hello,

I did a flare check on your website, you have 4 results indexed by Google. But your website has more pages.

I have below suggestions:

Better optimize your product URL by avoiding duplicate words. Avoid using "and", "or". Provide a descriptive title and product description. provide relevent keywords.

I recommend using SEO APPs such as flare, which regularly and verifiably submit your store content to major Search Engines such as Google and Bing.

Hope this was helpful.

Asha

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes