No sales. Please provide feedback.

marielees
Tourist
9 0 2

I have been open for 8 days now and I can’t seem to get sales. I have made one sale and I’m just not sure why. This is very frustrating and disappointing. I have put so much time and work into this and nothing. I don’t do dropshipping, I purchase all my products and do the pictures myself. Could someone help me realize why I may not be making sales. I’m willing to put the work in, just not sure what to do. I have ran ads every where and have had almost 500 site visitors but only one sale. Please provide feedback.

My site is: marielees.con

Thank you,

Brittany Cooper

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
499 10 86

Hello Ms Brittany @marielees 

I saw your website. Food products good website good.

Please see my feedback below 

I saw one of your products it had size as 2T many people may get confused what's 2T 

Add size as below if possible showing size in CMS too.

Size Age Height

18 - 24 M 18 - 24 Months32 - 33.5" 81 - 85 cm

2T 2 Years 33.5 - 35" 85 - 89 cm

3T 3 Years 35 - 38" 89 - 96 cm

4T 4 Years 38 - 41" 96 - 104 cm

Add the material from which ur products are made from example cotton etc 

Add wash instructions

Are your products pre wash that is pre shrunk or no shrink after washing add that too on product details page. 

Add wash care instructions. 

Does the color fade after washing ? 

Shipping add shipping time you have mentioned with 2 days the order will dispatch add 3 to 5 days USA standard shipping or 5 to 7 days 

For local delivery in an area you have mentioned once a week it's a bit confusing. 

Try to provide free shipping. 

Avoid payment in installments it's a small ticket items. 

For refunds keep the refund window for 5 business days if product delivered is not correct damaged or manufacturing defects if any as you have mentioned. 

Coming back to your sales how are you marketing your products I would love to grow ur sales online via digital channels 

Feel free to contact on my email 

vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com

Or

vinod@digitalcentrics.com

Thanks 

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
marielees
Tourist
9 0 2

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to make some updates. I am running ads through Pinterest, Google, Facebook and Instagram. I have many people suggesting that they like my products but no one is buying. I have checked with competitors to make sure my prices are competitive and I just do not know what else to do. With only being launched for 8 days, I do not know if I am rushing it. I just feel like I should have more sales if 500 people have viewed my site.

Thank you,

Brittany Cooper

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
499 10 86

Hi @marielees (Ms Brittany)

Are you targeting your ads correctly via digital channels. Are you available for a quick call ?

PAUSE all your paid marketing campaigns. Have you done the correct ad account setup with correct ad setup and location targeting in google ? how much is your daily budget in google ?As low as $10 is good to go per day.

Google and Instagram gives sales. Avoid Ads on FB and Pinterest.

Also on your website add insta feed on home page.

I would love to grow your product sales. Let me know.

thank you.

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales

0 Likes
Buzzbassador
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi Brittany!

Your site looks great. The photos are really great quality, and the overall design looks awesome! One tip I would give is to add even more of a personal touch to your site. I read your About Us page, and the story behind your brand is awesome. You should add some personal photos of you and your children-- people always relate to personal stories really well! You could even add your 'About Us' story to your homepage sprinkled in between your products/collections, just to make it more central.

I also would advise you to not be discouraged - 1 sale out of 500 site visitors is not horrible for a store that's just starting out. Some people take weeks or even months to get their first sale! You seem to have great products, branding and pricing, so you just need to get more traffic to your store. May I ask how you are currently marketing? I know you mentioned running ads, but what kind of ads, and how are they targeted? Have you done any unpaid direct social media outreach to potential customers? What about content marketing (i.e. blogs, YouTube, etc.)? These are all things you should check out.

I think a brand ambassador program would also be a great option for you. It's a great way to get some user generated content to post on your social media and share on your website (more of that personal touch I talked about earlier)

I hope this helps!

- Shelby, CMO at Buzzbassador

0 Likes
marielees
Tourist
9 0 2

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will definitely look into adding more of a personal touch to my site. Thank you for advising me not to become discouraged, it can be frustrating but I know that it will eventually take off. I have been running ads on Google, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Mainly to get more website visits, targeting to moms ages 19-55 that have interest in things like boutiques, online shopping etc. I also have a Facebook and Instagram page where I post products and interact with followers.  I will do some research and get more information about content marketing and a brand ambassador program.

Thank you,

Brittany Cooper

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
499 10 86

Hi @marielees 

You're Yes it will def grow. Stay Strong and Positive  about your business. When you set things up correctly it has to get success.

Is it possible for you to provide read only access to your google ads account and google analytics account so i can audit the same.

Targeting of audience works well in Insta and FB. Google Ads works differently.

In Brand Ambassador program the influencers will ask you to provide free product avoid giving any free initially once the sale happens then give.

Yes first please sort all the things on the website.

The menu needs to be tweaked too. see below

Home | About Us | All Products | Baby Boy | Baby Girl | Sale

Thank you.

vinod

Vinod Sachdev.

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1001 136 327

Hey @marielees,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

Your website looks great. The fact that you have purchased the product and taken your own photos shows a lot of dedication. It's obvious you really care and are invested in this. I am very sorry to hear that you are not seeing the fruit of your labor yet but with your dedication, I'm sure that will change.

My first recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

The next thing I would say is that children's clothing is a very competitive market. When a person is searching in Google for children's clothing you've got big brands like Children's Place and Osh Kosh/Carters that are popping up because they are well established, well known brands with massive marketing budgets. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. For you, you are a mom running your own business and people would be likely to support you vs the big brands because they want to support local. That would be my suggestion- instead of running ads, join local Facebook pages, approach brick and mortar stores in your area that sell local products, advertise locally. Offer free local delivery or pick up perhaps and when you start to get customers, ask them to leave a positive review or offer a discount code for referring a friend. Once you build up that local clientele, then branch out - contact an influencer, a "mommy blogger" or "mommy vlogger (if on YouTube)" and work out a brand deal. That way your ad budget is very targeted, you know you are reaching your intended audience.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
542 50 200

Hi @marielees

Have seen your site and it looks great. Clean and fresh. I love it. 

However, I think you can point out some suggestions for you:

- On the banner, you should send the message to your customers. The "Shop Now" text can be replaced by "Describe more" 

Of course, I think you need to change the image. 

- You can add Quickview or Quickshop buttons for your products. 

- You should have a section that shows the benefits when shopping on your site. 

- Have seen your Instagram account, and it has a lot of good content. So you can try to add an Instagram gallery for your site to show the Instagram content. 

If you want to have one, please check this Shoppable Instagram Gallery

- On your product pages, you should add:

+ The Quantity section 

+ Detailed description 

+ More Upsell and Cross-sell methods because you're selling many types of products. 

- If you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF invoice will help you create many unique templates.

- Do you use any tools or apps that can help you track the analytics of your store. Not only report in Shopify admin, need deeper. 

What product pages your customers visit the most? How long they stay?

When you answer many questions like that, you will know the reasons why you're not making sales. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3737 214 666

Hello @marielees, I hope you are doing well! Here are some suggestions:

- There is a lot of blank space in the header. 

- Increase the visibility of the search box.

- Add reviews on the homepage, product page. Reviews are an important tool in online shopping. It helps in building trust with other visitors. Before purchasing people tend to go through the reviews to see other customers' experiences.

- Make your store engaging to engage the visitors coming to your store. For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

- Add a LiveChat/ chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Read this if you have lots of traffic and no sales

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes