Hello, I have a store that a launched a few months ago, I originally did some advertising on Facebook that got some traffick but I have a high bounce rate. I am looking for any input as I think there is some interest in atleats the concept I am going with but perhaps I need better delivery. My website is https://historicalhumorapparel.com/ and any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated! I have also just started linking my products to Amazon in an attempt to get my product in their market place for some much needed sales. I have had many problems with this and that is another topic for another forum unless someone has had some experience with Amazon and would like to help.
Let me know if you need any other info, I will do my best to provide whatever is needed.
Thank you all so much in advance!
My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.
I'm sensing a bit of déjà vu from seeing your reply on this forum post. Your website is looking good! While I don't specialize in marketing, there are people in the forums that do and can really help. I can, however, help you with a bit of feedback and a way to organize your products so that your website has all the basics covered!
1) I recommend adding product descriptions to your products, making sure each product description, includes the full text of what each shirt says so that way your customers do not have to click on the image in order to see it larger. This will also help with your SEO. We have a blog post called 9 Simple Ways to Write Product Descriptions that Sell that I recommend checking out.
2) Some important pages that can be added to your website are:
a) An About Us page. - For some helpful steps on creating a good About Us page check out the blog How to Get a Date With George Clooney (or Write the Perfect Ecommerce About Page).
b) A Terms of Service, Privacy Statement, and Refund Policy. This sounds like a lot of work but not to worry, Shopify has a template already created for each one of these that you can edit and add to the footer of your website. There are three steps to create these policies and add them to your website:
- First, in your Shopify admin click on Settings > Checkout > scroll down to the bottom of the page and follow these steps to create each policy.
- Next, click on Online Store > Pages and use these steps to create each page.
- Finally, you will need to add each page to your Navigation. Most businesses put these pages on the footer of their theme.
3) Currently, when customers are on your website and click on a collection such as Abraham Lincoln Quotes, they are taken to a page with all of the products that have his quotes. To make your quotes and products easier to sort through, I recommend making additional collections under each president for the following (using Abraham Lincoln as an example): All Abraham Lincoln Products, Mens, Womens, as well as a seperate collection for each quote. After you have made these collections for each president, you can create a drop-down menu underneath each president to show these collections. I made a diagram below to illustrate:
If you need any further clarification or assistance with these steps, I sent you an email with the subject line Shopify Support - Forum Post. It was sent to the email address that you use to login to your forums account. I've given you lots of steps to follow today. If you have any questions about how to set this up, reply to the email and I can provide further assistance. If you would like to speak with someone live, our Support Team is available by phone and chat too!
Happy weekend! ?
Jade | Social Care
Thank you so much for taking the time to go over my website and give me all of your great suggestions, I have done them all, aside from the product descriptions, I read the blog post but I have somewhat succumbed to the fear I may be writing too long of descriptions if you by any chance have the time can you take a quick look at https://historicalhumorapparel.com/collections/benjamin-franklin/products/benjamin-franklin and let me know if you think i may be getting carried away in my writing?
Thank you for your time,
It's good to hear from you again! I like to go back and check on stores after giving feedback and I noticed that you began to work on my feedback right away, including the drop-down menus! When I clicked on the link for your product description it brought me to an error page. I noticed some strange characters at the end of the URL so I removed them and it worked. I think this is that page that you wanted me to take a look at? Your product write-up is just the right length! There is definitely a balance between having a product description that is too short and doesn't give enough information or too long and feels like the beginning of a novel. The one thing I suggest is to put your product description to the left instead of centred in the middle.
We have an Ask Shopify article about How Can I Share All My Product Details Without Being Too Wordy? that you might like to look at if you are still concerned. Otherwise, I think you did great!
Jade | Social Care
Thank you so much for taking a look for me!
When you say having the description to the left do you mean when I am in the edit product page and writing the description I just align left? Or do you mean moving the description "box" if you will to the left of my product images and such?
I also found that after making the changes to my website people are staying a bit longer and exploring more so that's good! No sells but I feel it is getting close to making that first sale!
Thank you for all your help!
I have done a bit of Ad works advertising and more Facebook ads. I had just started a new AdWords campaign with a little bit more knowledge on setting up keywords and writing better headlines and what not, however, I still feel like I have no idea what I am doing. I also have little idea what I am doing with my Facebook ads as well haha. I do know that people are clicking through so there is some interest in the products at least, it just seems to be poor traffic, or I just am failing to hook them. When running ads I am averaging about 20-30 visitors per day, yesterday I had 30 visitors, and so far today (11:45 am" I have had 26 visitors. In the past 14 days, I have only had 2 products added to cart, no sales, unfortunately.
What I meant was to align the text to the left when editing your product page. That being said, I took another look at it and I like it centred as well. It's 100% your choice, both look good. I took a screenshot of a product page in my test store to show you what I mean by aligning the text to the left.
I'm happy to hear more people are visiting your website and staying on it longer. If you are making Facebook ads and feel a bit unsure, you may want to try Kit to help you create ads.
Jade | Social Care