What am I doing wrong?

https://spartantrend.com

Chrystal

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Chrystalachi1

That’s a very frustrating situation to be in, but it’s all too common for e-commerce. Getting traffic is great, but when they don’t convert, it’s frustrating. Let’s see what we can do!

First impression: You’re doing a lot of things right here. For example, you have a currency localization tool. That’s great! There are a few things that stand out:

• Your web push notification. I get the concept behind why you’re wanting to use it, but I would test pausing that for now. My concern is that since first-time visitors don’t know if they want to buy from you, they also won’t be interested in getting notifications from you right now. 
  • You’re missing a favicon! 
  • I love that you have free UK shipping, but this doesn’t stand out. Instead, I would put it in a banner that is linked with a simple message like, “Free UK shipping.” Make sure it shows on all pages.

In general, I would recommend using a visitor behavior tool that has heatmaps (to see where people click) and/or session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit) to really dive into the conversion-killing issues here. 

Now, let’s dive into the homepage: 

• Hero image: I like that you have a high-quality hero image, but there are a few issues. It’s too long and it’s missing any messaging/CTA. Having it linked is fantastic, but it’s not enough. People don’t know that it’s linked!
  • I like your collections - they are simple and easy to navigate.
  • For the “featured collection” - consider testing different phrases like “Trending collections” or “Customer favorites” instead. “Featured” doesn’t mean much to customers, but other phrasing may help.
  • The image of the family - again, this is a great, high-quality image. However, it doesn’t have a purpose on the page. It links to the youth shirt, but how would someone know that? Make sure the image has a CTA (and is a bit smaller - it’s very tall!) and helps visitors figure out how to engage with it. 
  • Rewards button: I question having it on the homepage. I know it’s supposed to encourage visitors to become customers who return time and time again, but it’s not working. I would test having it show once someone adds a product to their cart (if that trigger is possible) or running a poll that offers the rewards program information. From a readability standpoint, I think the rewards information could be packaged better. To learn more about it, visitors would have to go to two tabs (Ways to earn and Ways to redeem). It’s a pretty simple structure, so why not combine the two to make it easier?
  • Notification button: I would do some testing to see if it makes sense in the footer or in the button. Either way, I would add more value to the newsletter to encourage people to use it. If no one knows your products or why they should buy, they won’t be interested in getting your promotions or new products. Give them a reason, like a % discount.

I suggest using scroll heatmaps to see how far people are scrolling down the page and what information they are seeing. You have a fairly short page, but do they make it to the bottom? What information do they miss? Click heatmaps will also help you see if they use your main navigation or if they use your collections on the homepage.

Footer

• Get in touch: Link your email address
  • Social media:Open in a new tab, but these aren’t linked correctly. 
  • Shipping/Delivery Information: Link your email address and correct some formatting issues, primarily bolding and spacing. 
  • Privacy policy: Link your URLs and email address
  • Contact us: Add in a welcome message with a link to your email address. For your form, remove the phone number field - it has a higher abandonment rate. 

Navigation

• Expand out your collections. Use Home | Shop All | Men | Women | Little Spartans. 
  • Use click heatmaps to evaluate where people are clicking. If your About Us isn’t getting much attention, move it to the footer. 
  • Likewise, check your drop-downs. Are people using it? Drop-downs are great, but if people aren’t using it, it’s defeating the purpose of it. 
  • Watch session recordings to see how people are navigating across the site. How do they move to the product pages? 

Collection Pages

• I like your filters here, but I would clean it up a bit. In the MEN collection, there were options for accessories, gymwear, men, sparta, tank top, women’s and womens. A lot of these aren’t helpful to someone who is looking in the MEN collection for products.
  • Consider making it easier - tops, bottoms, hats, bags. 
  • Also add filters for colors, price, ratings, etc. 

Product Pages

For reference, I’m looking at the LOGO Waist Pack because who doesn’t like a good waist pack? 

• Reiterate free shipping for UK residents
  • Link to your shipping page for information for your international customers
  • For your description, jazz it up a bit. I’m talking with things like - fabric, water-resistance, zippered with a silky lining. Your visitors don’t necessarily want to know everything about your product - they want to know the basics and how to care for it.
  • Reviews - don’t forget about the option for reviews! When visitors want to buy a product, they are interested in what people think about that product. 

Chrystal, I know it’s frustrating to see no sales after so much traffic. But I believe that when you understand what your visitors are experiencing and how they use your website, you’ll be able to make those changes that result in sales and happy customers. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, poll, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps, Chrystal! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Chrystalachi1
Tourist
6 0 3

Thank you so so much!!!! Really appreciate it!!!!

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Good luck! If there's anything else I can do, please let me know! And don't forget to update us on your progress. I can't wait to see how you grow your business! 

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes