No sales and low traffic in my Boutique store.

Solved
1 0 1
Hello, I get low traffic and no sales. I have the store for 3 months now. I'm not sure whether is the lack of advertising or the website itself. Please check the website design and let me know what is possible wrong with it and visitors dont convert? Maybe I should get a diffrent theme? Or pay for ads? Www.SilaDea.com
1 Like
Highlighted

Your store is boutique, which makes it a tough market, you don't appear to have a direct audience.. the wedding and bridal areas are nice, but that seems to be a market most prefer to shop in person, then again I'm no expert there. I don't see anything on the site that makes it personal, or a solid message directed at a specific audience. The slide show in the begining caught my attention, but it was lost after I began scrolling, the site seemed to lack a direction for me. The design is okay, just doesn't seem like there is anything that gives the "brand" any particular personality. That's what seems to be missing, branding. You're aiming for variety it seems, and I think that is where the challenge of getting sales are coming from. Who are speaking to?

1 Like
Shopify Partner
71 5 25

Hello there!

Thank you for writing here! I hope you get some valuable feedback here.

For starters, since you are looking to get more sales, I would advise you to look around for some apps in the Shopify app store - https://apps.shopify.com. For example, this one - http://discountonleave.apps.isenselabs.com/  will help you recover some of your leaving customers with a discount to exit intent. It offers ready-to-use templates, and also it has a 30-day free trial. It's proven to work on many stores.

I would also suggest you to work on your product descriptions. Try adding a bit more text. It will help you text-to-code ratio on your pages, which will then help you for better SEO. A size chart is also a must for a store like this (not on a separate page, on the product page itself). 

You should also consider adding a reviews section to the store. 

I think that after you make the beforementioned changes you should see more activity (and hopefully sales) on your store.

I hope I helped!

1 Like

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
664 61 131

Hey there, @Siladea 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Well done on launching your store, I know it is no easy feat. To a degree, I would agree with what @SBOfficial has said about your store lacking a distinctive personality. The first thing that I looked at here were your product titles descriptions. I can see that you were keeping the descriptions simple and straightforward which normally I would be a fan of, however, when it comes to online stores, more words can often be better. I would consider filling out your product descriptions a bit more. One example of this I always refer to is NastyGal. NastyGal makes sure to have a little description on every product that 1) describes the piece and 2) projects the voice of their brand! While your descriptions very clearly describe the products, they do not project any kind of voice. Take a look at how they describe some of their products, each description shows personality and reflects their brand's voice. Finding a voice for your brand will help you gather loyal customers and even brand ambassador.

With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this dress? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. Here are some statistics for you to consider:

- 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
- 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
- As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

I would recommend taking a look at our free Product Reviews app. This app can be found in our fabulous little app store, the home to all of our best apps!

I would recommend adding a section to your product pages that recommends related products to your customers. This can help to boost sales, as it allows you to show your customers what kinds of similar products are available, increasing the likelihood that they'll find what they're looking for. You can recommend related products either by installing an app, or by performing a theme code customization. If you are comfortable making HTML changes yourself you can do so by following this guide. 

When starting off, marketing is essential. It is very difficult to gain traffic if nobody knows about your store. There are some great guides here on making sure customers find you:

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like

Hi @Siladea 

Hope You Are Doing Good !!

Well, as per my analysis you have worked on Broklyn theme, if you have limited products and categories then in that case this theme would work as your menu would be displayed at the top. But since you have multiple categories, so you can go with the any other theme such as Supply, Debutify or Venture which display the menu at the top. As per the navigation is concern, whenever Buyer click on that product, after that for reaching to home page he need to click on Logo as there is no other option available, in most of the situation Buyers are not aware about it. You are restricted because your theme is not allowing it.

I have also observed that, you have used two Analytics codes on your website. There should be one code, you might be getting duplicate data because of this. In your case tracking is required you can create the goal set based on that you can track the activity. Normally 3 goals are need to be created till checkout page, in the first case you can take add to cart in your step. In the second case you can add set with out adding product to the cart.

For Google Ads, I would recommend you to go with Shopping Ad first, as this is the best way of getting traffic to your products. If you have already tried that you can go with remarketing strategy, you can plan a proper responsive banner where you can highlight the key point of your business such as 'Proper Support' , 'Return Policy', 'Trusted Supplier'. This basically creates the impact of trust in your buyer who have doubt related to your services. In the remarketing ads only those audience are targetted who have already visited your store. 

For more details, you can reach me on email arpansrivastava@cedcommerce.com. Visit the page related to Store Development, to get more insight so that you can get more idea related to this.

Thanks

Arpan Srivastava
Store Analyst

Skype id-live:danbakker_2

Want to Increase your Sales on Shopify?
Now do connect with me on group also https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shopifysellershub/
1 Like