No sales but lot of traffic

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey can someone review my store. I'm getting a lot of traffic. A few reach checkout but no sales or purchases.  

If someone could give me a feedback or some advise on what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

URL?

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
Highlighted
4 0 0

blurry slideshow

@HarshaT wrote:

Hey can someone review my store. I'm getting a lot of traffic. A few reach checkout but no sales or purchases.  

If someone could give me a feedback or some advise on what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Thank you

@HarshaT wrote:

Thank you

makes me a little uneasy and can come off as suspicious. I also do not think you need the gallery on the home page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hiya,

It appears that the name of your website domain doesn’t match the Logo name. So that was a bit confusing. I would definitely change the domain name.

The top gallery was a bit random, I think it would be helpful to include or create a more specific collection e.g just dresses.

It’s good that you have included a size chart for some clothes but the size charts could be better as well. Some dresses had too many size options that were not clear due to no size chart and quite a few inconsistencies in the text eg medium ‘default’ this should be deleted. It may be helpful to install a size chart that shows European sizes and US sizes as this will be clearer to a customer.

All the best
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you for the feedback. I will make the changes.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

As @Crazes92 said, the logo doesn't match with the domain name. You better change it. 

Social:

I don't see there are facebook & insta pages at the footer. These days social presence is a must for online stores. Customers will take a look at the social media page to see if it's trustworthy and reviews about the store. 

Customer reviews:

No customer reviews on the home page. Reviews are crucial to build trust with your new customers. If they see many positive reviews, they will be more likely to consider a purchase. 

Products:

Too general product categories. I don't see what the store is focusing on. As a visitor, I am not sure if I am the target customer. It may introduce a high bounce rate. 

Design:

Logo and store design is not professional. I've seen numerous stores. They are not "alive". Just treat a website as a person. If you ever visit a store you like, you'll find that the store has a "personality". This is the branding projected by the store. As a store owner, you have to make your store like a live person with characteristics. Define the values of your store.  

Recently, more businesses are moving online due to CoronaVirus. As a Shopify partner for 4 years, I am trying to see how I can further assist them to fix the traffic-but-no-sales problem. Can you help me to fill in the short survey so that I can know more about your difficulties? It'll take you a couple of minutes only. I'm trying to see if I can bring something better to new merchants in the hard time.

In return, we can give you early limited access to our future solution.

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1694 106 369

Hey Tanvanga,

Apart from the above-mentioned suggestions, the below-mentioned tips can also be taken into consideration for store modification:

1. A "professional central banner" is a must below the "black header space" to impart a "decent and well-organized store look".
  2. Want to increase your site popularity! add "New Arrivals" to it and help to keep your customers updated regarding the latest store designs and product updates as well.
  3. "Site legitimacy" can be increased by adding "Trust Badges" near the site footer.
  4. "Featured products" should be a part of the "homepage" instead of being located on the other store pages.
  5. "About us" section is a must to be added alongwith some images for better site familiarity.
  6. Both "Gpay" and "Shoppay" needs to be added to the "payment gateways" for providing an alternate option to the customers to pay according to their requirements thus, improving "customer engagement".
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  9. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish your store becomes capable of converting "visitor traffic" to "customer sales" very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there

Appreciate you've already accepted a solution, but this advice will hopefully put you on the right track.

What's the first thing that most people get wrong with optimising their store for more sales?

They guess.

They guess what might be stopping people from buying.

They guess what the solution might be.

Guessing is not a good way to run a business, and it is unlikely to bring you the results you are after. Yes, there are certain no-brainer things that you should always include as a base level to operate from. But what you really need is to KNOW what the problems are.

You do this by asking your website users.

Easiest and quickest way to do this is to install a survey / poll tool on the website, and ask users questions like:

• "What is the purpose of your visit today?"
  • "What information is missing on this page?"
  • "Are you looking to buy for yourself or somebody else?"
  • "What type of item are you looking for today?"
  • "When do you need your items?"
  • "What's your biggest challenge finding your dress?"

... and so on.

Not everyone will fill these in, but you will get some responses. These responses will help guide you as to what your customers ACTUALLY want, and what is missing from your website. Use this to inform what you change on your site.

Some tools you can use for this:

There are plenty of other user research techniques you can use to get more insight on your users rather than just guessing. But this should be a good starting point for you, if you have plenty of traffic but no sales.

Let me know if you need any further tips on conversion rate optimisation. It's what we do for our clients every day (many of whom are on Shopify).

Conversion Rate Optimisation Experts - Visit https://hallway.agency
0 Likes