No sales on selling African Art

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there, I hace a shop running about 2 months but had a previous store with existing marketing on Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest - 5000 followers and Instagram with about 4000 followers. I did some paid ads on Facebook and posted many items on Linkedin and have a decent Pinterest following. I haven,t made any sales and will be extremely grateful if someone can point me out mistakes on my site and on makketing. We spent lots of time on the descriptions and quality pictures. PLEASE HELP !

https://fineafricanarts.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1846 34 213

Hi Fred,

After viewing your website I have few suggestions,

I observed that you use shopify's default favicon on the tab bar, I suggest to place your own favicon which suits for your website. Customers can get a hint to easily find out your website by seeing your favicon in tab-bar.

Better maintain your own domain, instead of using myshopify.com extension.

There are also some uneven size of images on Homepage or website. I suggest to have all images in uniform size by which it adds a professional look to the website.

Some products are having short description. I suggest to add more content to it. Most of the customers search for long product descriptions, this can improve your sales. I also suggest placing a product review app and ask customers to review your product and show up on the products. This can build confidence in customers. Mostly online visitors search for product reviews.

There is a lots of empty space on product page, this can put off the customers as they see no content below the description. Look the product here https://fineafricanarts.myshopify.com/collections/african-drums/products/original-bongo-drum-from-mo...

Best of Luck...
Appfreaker

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank a lot, I manage to change some thanges already.

I am also building a site where i want to use your system and will read about it on your site.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1021 0 110

Hi, Fred! Maggie, a Shopify Partner here :)

Great looking store, and has got a massive potential. Your logo is beautiful, the size of it makes it however hard to see the detail of the painting. Consider using a professionally designed logo or a text in place, to make this element more user friendly and professional.

• Domain - consider getting  a professional domain name in place of myshopify domain to establish your brand and add a trust signal.
  • Some of your collage images in the sliding banner look busy, the single art work images look excellent - it’s easy to see the detail, appreciate the colors and connect with the image. Consider displaying only the single artwork images here to improve your user experience.
  • The featured collections look excellent - the images together make a great impact.
  • ‘Sale’ items - consider cropping the product images to the same dimensions to maintain the regular inline display. Feature only 8-12 products here so you don’t overwhelm your first time visitor with too much choice and avoid the white area in the last row.
  • Blog posts - consider adding more posts here to improve the display of this section [too much white space on the right].
  • About us page - add more details to this page - tell a story about your brand, your previous experience and your hobbies. People buy from people, so adding a touch of personality to this page will help you improve your conversion rate. Make sure to optimize each page for the search engines. Please watch this video tutorial How to SEO your Shopify Pages now: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/video-tutorials.html
  • Top menu - looks very busy. Make sure to nest similar links together in a drop down menu to improve this section and improve your customer journey and a store navigation. You can nest the collection links together under the ‘Shop’ section link.
  • ‘Catalog’ - consider renaming it to ‘Shop’ which is more direct and enticing for people to take action ]click and shop]. Consider nesting the collection pages here as mentioned above.
  • Collections page - consider cropping the images for each collection to the same dimensions to improve the display - all images will be then displayed in the same line, which will give your store more structure and help you improve your conversion rate [people will be able to see each image in greater detail once the structure is improved].
  • Product page - you have plenty of quality images of each product and custom product descriptions, which builds your trust and authority, excellent. Consider adding a ‘related products’ section to promote your other products, improve your store navigation and increase an average order value through cross-selling.
  • Social media - you open the links in new tabs; excellent.
  • Shipping policy - add this page as well with your delivery rates clearly displayed at the top. Specify how soon the item is shipped after the order and how long is the typical delivery. Do you ship worldwide or only within your country? The more information you include, the more people will feel assured to purchase from you [trust signals have got a great impact on the conversion rate]. Also, Google prefers longer pages, so adding more content will help you rank better in Google.

SEO score: 47/100

• You seem to have two different domain names [perhaps a default .myshopify domain and your custom domain, yet not getting displayed] pointing to your website. As you didn’t setup a redirect, Google reads them as two different websites having a duplicate content. This might affect the way you rank in the search results, so I recommend adding a redirect command.
  • Consider improving your SEO first before working on getting more traffic, Your efforts can be jeopardized by Google, as your website is still not optimized to its standards.
  • Update your meta title and description - these values appear in the Google search results and are the first thing people see when they come across your site. Your website meta title is "Fine African Art”, and meta description is “African Art. Wood carvings, Stone Art, Hand made Jewelry. African Masks. Copper art from DRCongo, Malachite, Jade, Serpentine and Verdite Stone.” Make sure to update these, and add CTA [call to action] and USP [unique selling point] to give visitors a good reason to click your store, and not your competitor’s, when they see your site in the search results. Consider also adding your best-performing keywords. These values appear in the Google search results and are the first thing people see when they come across your site.
  • H tags - you are currently using H tags in a mixed order within your content. Make sure to use them in the right order [H1-H2-H3-H4-H5] and include your key phrases within the tags to tell Google what each page is about. Make sure to use your key phrases when adding the H tags and other SEO elements - using your best performing keywords within these tags will help you drive more relevant traffic.
  • The word cloud detected that the words you currently rank for are: “made, view, cart”. Please make sure to add more content with plenty of your target keywords, to rank for the phrases that could drive the most relevant traffic.

If you’d need help improving your store, please order your full Website Redesign package today and see your store improved in only 10 days. Order your package now: Redesign your website in 10 days!

If you liked this website review and would like to receive feedback on your website, please order your Full website critique today:

http://www.rockpapercopy.com/critiques.html

Maggie Tuczapska

Rock Paper Copy

http://www.rockpapercopy.com

maggie@rockpapercopy.com

Skyrocket your traffic with Complete SEO package!

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks so much for your input Maggie, it feels good for a change to actually KNOW what to change to better the site instead of trying to figure out what you don't know as a "Rookie".

I appreciate, will work on this next 48 hours,

Regards Fred

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
79 0 4

Hey Fred,

Where is your returns and shipping information? Where are you located - I always want to know that. How much traffic do you have? Are visitors leaving on home page, at checkout or what? Different problems have different solutions. Store looks good and you should be selling - just make sure you have traffic and provide buyers with the required info.

Best,

Sven

Helping sellers convert!
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Fred,

It's been about 3 months since the postings.  Have you made the changes and have they had the results that you desired?

I looked at your store today and it looks very nice, the only thing that I notice is that there is no information visible about your shipping policy or timing and I do not know where your company is located and where you are shipping from.

The reason that I ask is, we have an ecommerce store as well.  We sell art & folk art from Mexico.  Our companies inhabit the same space, but we are not competitors. wanderinggypsyart.com is our store.  

We have been in action for 18 months and business has slowly grown until a couple of months ago.  I am looking to share questions, solutions and challenges around selling art online. Are you open to sharing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Yeah, am also trying to sell African Art. I have had my store up for 1 and a half months but still no sales.
0 Likes