No sales yet despite large visits and add to cart

Highlighted
3 0 0

I have a fashion shopping website that hit large traffic at low cost whenever I placed an Facebook ads, but I saw no sales despite large content views, add to cart and checkout initiated (no sales). What can I do to get conversion? How can I sell products using paid ads?

I tried Kit, Shopify Marketing (recently launched), Google Shopping, Facebook ads and loose money only without any sales. Any expert here. Please help. Please visit the website as hyperlinked in the first line.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Arif,

I checked out your website and I have few things that I saw, mainly to do with building customers trust, which I think could be the reason you are not closing sales...

1. your Home Page slideshow pictures are not showing what is your website about. First I thought you are a grocery store and the second one from the mall was even more confusing after that, I didn't know what I should be looking at. If I were you I would change it to a downright fashion picture and maybe say something on that picture, like "Our New Collection - shop here (with a link to your new collection) or something similar.

2. You have very little or no detail pictures of products. Usually only front picture and the same picture in different colors. Customers need to see the back, the detail, etc.because obviously they can't physically touch it.

3. Inconsistency in picture sizing - you need to have the exact picture sizes everywhere. Try www.clippingmagic.com for resizing, removing unwanted backgrounds, etc. That's what I use and it's really easy and works perfect. Plus it's cheap, like $9.99/month.

4. I know customers like to read About us sections, especially if there is something they're not sure about. I did not find your About us section. Also it always helps if you have a physical address in your Contact us section or at least a country, so any worldwide shopper can identify right away which country are you at.

5. Showing your Shipping and Return policy also builds a lot of trust, I didn't see that on your website.

Hope it helps!

Alice

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 48

Hey Arif!

I'd agree with Alice that the slideshow images are quite confusing. The shopping mall picture is interesting looking, but doesn't tell me anything about what you sell. Then there's the image of the family in the grocery store which I thought meant you sold children's clothing or something to do with families.

My suggestion is that you rethink your brand strategy. Start with defining your target market. Then, using your target market you build your brand catering to the wants and needs of that demographic. All your images, copy, products, colours, everything about your store should speak directly to your demographic. This link explains how to start building your brand. Think about a brand that you respect, and consider how everything they do is very focussed on a certain lifestyle -that's what you need to do, too.

Conduct photoshoots of your products so you can add original content to all your channels. Make your products your own to create trust with visitors and they will be more compelled to convert into customers. Lifestyle photography is a great way to create aspiration in your visitors. Do whatever you can to create a unique selling point. Just make sure it's speaking to your target audience.

Hope this helps!

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Great Advice. Thank a lot for great suggestions. I have changed the outlook of the store now. Also, enabled PayPal Marketing Popup banner saying buyer protections.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks a lot, I'll try to improve my products description.

0 Likes