I launched my shopify store back in June 2020, very exciting. Fast forward to November and my store still hasn't made not one sale, we get a fair amount of traffic but no conversions which is really disheartening.
I have run several as campaigns etc which is obviously working to bring traffic but still I don't want to give up.
Can you please have a look at my website? www.creedanceandco.com
Feedback will be much appreciated, thank you...
Hello @tritchie24, I hope you are doing well! Here are some suggestions:
- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage.
- Add reviews in the store. It helps to build trust with other visitors.
- You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.
- Setup Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.
1. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
2. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged
3. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
4. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
5. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
6. Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
7. Add a section for the email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.
8. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Congratulations on your new store!
I know how frustrating it can be to spend so much on traffic, but not have them turn into sales. However, you are not alone in this boat. There are millions of Shopify store owners with the exact same question. Sales is an organic process, which takes a lot of time, from the user getting to know your name, to visiting your store, to comparing with competitors to finally making the decision to purchase from you. That is not something that will happen in one day. However, you can follow these tips to help you boost Sales: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?
Another thing to note, not all traffic is good traffic. You have to ensure that you are targeting the right people and that the right people are coming to your website. For instance, if you are selling for males under 40, it makes no sense if females under 20 are visiting your store. It increases traffic, but will not increase sales. It it a good idea for you to look up your keywords on Google Trends, where you can see exactly who searches your product, where they live, what they like, etc.
Now, about your store, I have a few feedbacks:
Banner and Headers:
a) Add a "Shop Now" button which will take your users directly to the product page.
b) Have a sticky header, for ease of navigation
c) make your font on the banner a little more contrasting from the picture, it is not very visible at the moment
d) feature your new arrivals on a separate tab, so that it is easily available.
Make your images hover when the cursor is put on them. You have taken pictures in so many different angels. Showcase them on the front page through this hover technique.
That's all from me! Thank you and Best of luck!
Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.
Now, onto my feedback..
First, a few design recommendations:
1. I'd change your logo to a transparent background with the text and logo switched to black instead of white.
2. I'd make the main photo for your products consistent across the board. Right now you have some on an all white background, some on a white/grey and some more lifestyle looking. I'd offer variations when a person wants to see more photos, but for that main photo, having them all match looks more professional.
My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
To address your sales, clothing is a very saturated market which makes it extremely difficult to rank for. When I did a quick search on one of your products, the Chequered jeans, multiple stores come up selling the same product. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes these locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.
If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. A good product choice should have these qualities:
I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!