No sessions

Jamie1000
16 0 0

Hey everyone,

Noticed in the last six days that my sessions have dropped to zero per day.

If someone could review my site as to why this is happening I would appreciate it.  I am still adding things to it like products, social etc.

But if there is any insight you can offer as to why this is happening I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jamie

0 Likes
Jamie1000
16 0 0

Sorry I forgot to add my sites url.

Silkscatstore.com

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
778 97 252

Hey @Jamie1000,

Sorry to hear about your traffic. I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is happening.

screencapture-silkscatstore-2021-04-28-11_01_40.png

Where I see issue is with your products. This is something we see very commonly on the forums. People tend to start shops selling things like pet products, clothing, accessories and etc. The problem with this is that these types of items can be already be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. So when a person is searching for a cat mug or a collar in Google, these big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. What we recommend doing is selling winning products. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend at least 3x what the product costs you.

We did a video on how to find winning products and we also regularly post a collection of winning products on our YouTube channel:

Once you have settled on your winning product/products, you can expand your sales channels and promote your dropshipping products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

The other big issue I see is with your stores first impression. You have quite a few blurry images throughout your store. This happens when you upload an image that is too small for the area, it gets stretched out and then you loose image quality.

screencapture-silkscatstore-collections-collars-2021-04-28-11_12_41.png

I would also recommend having a logo done up. A logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in your store, it can make it look very professional or very unprofessional. Once you have a solid logo it also works as a foundation to design your store around - you will match the colors and fonts to your logo. As a quick tip, if you want to add pops of color, it's best to do it on things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors and font colors, it quickly becomes too much and starts taking away from where the focus should be - on your products.

I'd like to help you with your store more so I'd invite you to join a free training we have going on right now. We cover why stores get high traffic with no sales, spending on Ads with no return and visitors abandoning cart. We will help you develop a profitable ad strategy and learn how to generate free traffic, transform your Shopify store into a professional. trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and help you find winning products that people can’t wait to buy. Our free private Facebook training is happening now until April 30th, we will be going live every day at 1:00PM (EST). You can sign up here. Really hope you join us!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes

Hi @Jamie1000

Love this cat store!!

Are there any insights in Google Analytics or Google Search Console? I would definitely check there first.

In the meantime, here's some feedback that I hope is helpful!

Homepage

• Love the Mother's Day banner!

• The main section gets cut off before the fold, which isn't user friendly. Screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 8.07.51 PM.png

• Also shown in the screenshot: The text is difficult to read on top of all of the rotating images.
  • Also shown in the screenshot: Update the "Click Here" call-to-action to a more compelling action, such as "Show Now".
  • Add a unique unique value proposition above the fold. 

“A value proposition is a promise of value to be delivered. It’s the primary reason a prospect should buy from you. It’s also the #1 thing that determines whether people will bother reading more about your product or hit the back button. On your site, your value proposition is the main thing you need to test—if you get it right, it will be a huge boost.”

Resources for value prop design

Value proposition worksheet
Value Proposition Design book

Product pages

• Double check that all of your product pages include storytelling in addition to product description. Joanna Wiebe and Alaura Weaver share 11 storytelling elements:

A relatable protagonist/hero (your target customer)
A world (the emotional motivators)
A call to adventure (goal or problem to solve)
The stakes/refusal of the call (nightmare scenario)
A helper (your brand)
A magical item (your offer)
Crossing the first threshold (CTA)
The belly of the whale (onboarding/lead nurturing)
Road of trials (split-testing)
The happily ever after (future pacing)
The return (testimonials & brand advocacy)

• Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews written reviews, and photos from customers.

More than 50% of shoppers say online video has helped them decide which brand or product to buy (Google).
67% of shoppers turn to video at least once before making a purchase (Moz).

• Move the details about free shipping and payment options right beneath the "add to cart" button on all product pages. 
  • Ensure that you don't display any products that are sold out unless customers can share their e-mail address to be notified when the item will be back in stock. According to Justuno, 93% of consumers consider visual content to be the key deciding factor in a purchasing decision.

• Ensure all photographs of products are in high-resolution. Also ensure that products are shown in context. For example, a t-shirt store would provide photography of people actually wearing their shirts instead of photography of just the shirts.

“About Us” page: 

"Our Mission” page: 

• I would add (a lot) more to this page or remove it.

Blog

Social media

• If you haven't: create a unique hashtag and encourage customers to use it and tag your store on Instagram, etc.

SEO

• Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add original, creative content to your home page and product pages.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via partnerships, guest blogging, communities, social media.

Moz details Google SEO tips for 2021

• Favicon optimization
  • Breadcrumb optimization
  • Meta descriptions
  • Numbers in titles
  • <title> boilerplate
  • FAQ and how-to schema
  • Relaunch top content
  • Increase internal linking
  • Update old content with new links
  • Remove unnecessary links
  • Mobile link parity audit
  • Invest in long-form content
  • Use more headers
  • Leverage topic clusters
  • Bring content out of tabs
  • Core Web Vitals
  • Limit sitemaps to 10,000
  • Leverage dynamic sitemaps
  • Passive link acquisition
  • Page-level link intersect
  • Be the last click

Also, I shared 21 e-commerce trends for 2021 in the Shopify community in case you also want to check that out.

CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
0 Likes