No traffic and no Sale :(

Stickandmortar
4 0 0

Hello everyone, 

I am hoping someone can help me with some feed back. My online store ( www.stickandmortar.com ) has been open for a month now and I have gotten almost no traffic and no sales.
I have watched hours of set up videos, and read a ton of blogs about starting an drop shipping store. I believe I have found a nice selection of products to sell, as geared to men. I'm offering 25% off all first orders, plus free shipping over $49.

I have spend a couple 100s on Google, Facebook and Instagram, plus I have added ads to other sites. I have been aiming all my marketing in the US and Canada.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 214 662

Hey! I just went through your store here are my suggestions.

1.  Get a favicon on the website, it’s simple and adds uniqueness to the site as well.
  2. You should put your store name on the top instead of on the main image of your home page it is not visible there, A professional store always places their Store Name on the top.

3. Call to action on the first fold of the Home Page is missing.
  4. Customers have short attention spans and have no patience when it comes to hunting down your phone number or email address in contact us page. So add your Contact details in the Contact Us page. It will also help in trust-building. And also an About Us page.
  5. The purpose of a website footer is to help visitors by adding information and navigation options at the bottom of web pages. It must have quick links to social media, contact us & about us page, privacy policies, return policies, login, site map, navigation menu, etc. 

For conversion, you need to engage your visitors coming on your site. Make your website interactive and increase engagement on your website. This will help you in customer retention. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand. It will reduce the bounce rate and will boost your sales. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Dani
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
221 43 93

Hey @Stickandmortar ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for reaching out and congratulations on launching your store. I understand you're targeting male customers within the US and Canada, but are you targeting for anything else specific? Since you are spending quite a bit on ads you'll want to review the analytics of your ads to tweak your target audience. I'd also recommend our free Customer Acquisition Facebook course, it will help you define your demographics and who is most likely to convert. Have you had a chance to look at our Marketing Checklist? It's a great resource for learning about different marketing practices that you may not have thought of!

Targeting the right demographic and using the correct marketing avenues will be what drives traffic to your store. Let's also take a look at your website so that once you do get customers, they lead to conversions.

The first thing that I notice when I'm looking at a website is the photography. Photos make the biggest statement to a customer when they click on your website, so we want to ensure you are providing a cohesive aesthetic throughout your website. Do you have samples of your products? If so, I'd highly recommend taking your own product photos. This doesn't mean that you have to invest a lot of money to hire a professional photographer - check out our free Academy course on Product Photography to learn how to DIY your photos.

I would also recommend making your website more personable. Show your customers who you are - what inspired you to create your store? Customers like to know the person behind the store, this is why we're seeing such a shift towards customers purchasing from small business owners like yourself rather than large corporations. I would create an About Us page to show customers how they relate to you. An FAQ page as well as completing your store policies would also go a long way for building trust with your customers.

The Shopify Community is a wealth of knowledge so I'm sure you'll get some great advice here. Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

rejina
Tourist
10 0 2

A few things I immediately noticed - there's no information about your business or shipping policies. If I don't know anything about a store, I don't order from them. Most products I clicked on have no product description, which is not helpful for customers or good for SEO. Names could be a little more creative - product names like "hoodie," "jacket," and "wallet" are not very compelling. I would also hire someone to make a logo for you. :)

0 Likes

Are you Amazon ?

Hi @Stickandmortar 

Personally if I was you I'd niche down. I think you have to many products. Beard stuff and clothes. If you were to niche down to say 20 beard products you could be lazer focused on them and when things start to pick up you could add some more products. 

Look at Amazon. They started out as just a book store. Become the best online book store first than grow into what they're today. 

Just a idea. Really wish you luck either way. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

Hi @Stickandmortar,

I agree with @Clayton_Bates. Try going very niche to start with. Make sure that you can start showing up in some long-tail searches, and make it easy for people to feel they've found/arrived at the EXACT site they were looking for.

I would also look to carry out some simple usability testing. Sit with a friend and watch them (unprompted) use your website, to understand how people will be using your website once they land on it.

Google Ads would be a great way to start driving some immediate, targeted traffic at your site. Just be sure to keep a close eye on the budget to ensure you are getting a return on your daily spend.

Hope that helps - Gareth 

Gareth K Thomas | Clarified.
- I will make your website work.
- Conversion optimisation, usability testing, analytics.

If my response was helpful, please click the like button below.

Whether you’re a Startup or have been in business from long time, getting more ecommerce sales & conversions will benefit your company. 

People can’t buy from you if they don’t know you exist. They won’t buy from you if they don’t trust you. You need to get your name out there and establish your business as an industry leader. Website/Store getting traffic /Visitors but visitor leave website without purchasing that makes really frustrating when visitors leave website with product/services purchased.

Try Fizfy.com for free

0 Likes