I built my shopify store ( https://potomacdrift.com/ )last month for dropshipping. I wrote some blogs and have discount promotion posted on Linkedln and twitter, but I still didn't get click for my website. Could anyone take a look at my store and give me some suggestion?
Solved! Go to the solution
When marketing your product you have to ask yourself:
1. What kind of content will resonate with my audience
2. Which social platform(s) do they use most?
For your target audience, I'm thinking blog posts on Linkedin and Twitter aren't the best. We did a video on ads that'd I recommend giving a watch:
Moving onto your website - that top area of your website is prime real-estate for selling. Your current banner image has a few skiers in the front and a teeny tiny snowboarder in the background. I would definitely replace this image with a photo of your products instead.
The snowboards are brightly colored so I'd also recommend incorporating more of those bright pops of color into your logo and accent colors.
Instead "Catalog", I'd change it to "Shop"
You are offering a lot of high ticket items such as bikes and snowboards and if I'm being completely honest, I think you are going to have a hard time selling them. You don't have any sort of social following on Facebook or Instagram, no reviews on your products and your website doesn't look like what you would expect a snowboard/bike/outdoor shop to look like. It sets off all sorts of red flags and makes your store look untrustworthy.
Another thing I noticed was you have phone set as a required field at checkout. I would definitely change this to be optional since a lot of people don't feel comfortable sharing that information and it could cause them to abandon cart.
When you get to shipping, the shipping costs and times don't make sense. Why does longer shipping time cost more? $30 to ship a bike doesn't make sense and and 1-3 days shipping seems really unrealistic. More red flags.
I'm not trying to be harsh, I genuinely want to see people succeed which is why I'm being honest in my feedback.
We have made a few videos on dropshipping, this will help you choose the right dropship websites for the best shipping time & profit margins, designing your site to attract your target audience and how to find winning products. All free, no course necessary :).
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
This is an accepted solution.
Thank you so much for all the wonderful suggestion! I will follow your suggestion to rethink my store.
I really appreciate your quick response!
This is an accepted solution.
Hello @PotomacDrift, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- You need to work on the design and layout of your store. Make it more professional.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!