Congratulations on your store.
I have a few suggestions for you. I really hope these will be helpful to you.
1. Your mail navigation menu is literally not visible. Add some color to it and make the text size a little bigger.
2. Homepage: It’s pretty busy. Do you use heatmaps to see where people click and scroll on your page? I would highly suggest running a heatmap to see where people are clicking.
3. I would clean up the design of your homepage and feature less product. Try to only feature the best of the best and make each product larger on the screen, so it's easier to see what you are selling. Having 2 by 2 or 3 by 3 layout would let you increase the size of each image and make it pop off the screen more.
5. Invite customers to be part of your community. You can set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.
6. Add a favicon to your website. It will help you strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.
7. Reviews on Product Page - Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started.
8. Images size and dimensions - Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand as you add more. This is going to help tie your site together.
9. Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top
10. Connect yourself all through social media like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. these are the gems of e-commerce store advertising.
11. Lastly, as per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar
Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product. You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below.
For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.
Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful.
Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate
I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.
Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you.
Hey Leif Shops,
A good start! however, you can do much better by using the below-mentioned tips as follows:
Good Work, Keep it up!
Hey, welcome to Shopify family. First of all, congrats on your new store, and I hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You have some interesting products.
To increase your Shopify traffic use social media channels like instagram & facebook to drive traffic into your store. Once traffic enters conversion is the next problem. Making sure your website is welcoming to the user you need a well-designed store. If you want to know more about social media marketing, there is tons of videos on youtube that could help you like this one
Site design feedback
1. Visibility of navigational elements is poor.
2. I like how you have done the logo, you should make it bigger and more visible. So people remember your logo and have an association with it.
3. Feature some products like a grid on your homepage to help window shoppers (shopper who are casually looking). Categories work more for shoppers with intent.
1. Add options to filter by themes, colours, price range to help users easily find the best option for them.
2. Add stickers to products like best selling and trending add confidence to buyers to make a decision. Right now the sale stickers have very low readability. Try better apps like modemagic that can help with this by adding like "Sale" or "Promo" etc stickers to quickly make a passerby become a shopper. It will also remove all the other varied stickers that are applied to different products. Even though you have varied products should feel like it blends in with your website.
1. Move the chat with us inside the help button, and club currency with language. That would simplify the bottom section.
Let me know if you found this useful, thanks and all the best 😄