No visits or sales, so discouraged

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello!

I started my shop 6 days ago, I was counting on the two weeks trial to see if it was worth it.

I still don't have any visits or sales even with instagram and facebook ads...

I invested a few days to find geeky stuff to sell and I was so happy that I might be able to start a business for the first time! But nobody is visiting or buying anything... I am getting really discouraged and depressed about this...

If you have anything to say about my store that could help, maybe I could make it better?

Here it is

And also, If you have any way to create free traffic ( I already spent $10 and don't want to spend more) or conversion? 

Thank you very much! :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2666 190 422

Hi @Back-Then-Shop,

Nick here from Shopify. Great work on your store so far. Launching and going live is an accomplishment in itself. There are a few things I saw which you could add/ change to help take it to the next level. Let's take a look at them below:

• The first thing I saw was that you don't have a custom domain and just your .myshopify.com URL. I would definitely look into purchasing a custom domain to help build brand recognition and improve customer trust. You can buy a domain from a third party such as GoDaddy or from within the Shopify admin itself, it's completely up to you in that sense and both types can be added to your store. 
  • Something else I think would benefit your store is a homepage picture or slideshow. Right now it just goes straight into the collections and products without an introduction of sorts to the store. People love photos and photography sells. A homepage picture or slideshow with some of your top selling products would showcase what you're about that little bit more before showing any products. The content team at Shopify actually wrote a blog post about Homepage Design which might be worth your time looking into. You can see it here.  
  • You mentioned about doing some Instagram and Facebook marketing also. With Instagram, organic engagement is a great way to help build and establish a brand further. While it is cost-effective, it is time-consuming, but if done correctly can be a huge benefit. A Shopify expert hosted a podcast with a successful Shopify store owner who implemented this method very effectively which you can listen to here
  • Facebook ads and marketing can also be difficult at the best of times. There is a method called the 3X3X3 method. The idea is to create 3 different ads for 3 different audiences with 3 different sets of copy/ images with a small but similar budget for each. For example, you could create an ad for Pokemon based on your products and frame the ad in three different ways. After some time, you'll see some of the ads performing better than others and you can begin to drop off the ads which aren't working as well and increase the budget on the ones which are to reach your key audiences. There are some good guides online going into more detail for this. One which I like can be found here

Hopefully, this helps and guides you in a good direction for the best next steps. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like