Not a new store but looking to update and refresh the site - any suggestions?

Highlighted
Tourist
29 0 0

Hi,

We've had our site for a few years now and feel like we'd like to refresh and update things. We're open to any suggestions for improvements and additions anyone may have - all comments are appreciated!

Thanks!

www.cbccomputers.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
121 5 21

Hello, there!

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team.

I took a look through your website and got to say that it's really solid. The structure and flow is already there.

The two things that stood out as needing some fine-tuning and polishing up are a lack of branding and more direction detailing of what your "product" is or what your company offers. The slideshow would be a really great place to add some more informative slides, so rather quickly, your services are summed up and readily available when a user first navigates to your site.

As for branding, when I think of tech, I think of blues or greys or whites. 99designs.ca has a really thorough article about branding and how colours lend themselves to the message you want to get across. 

I think if you are looking for a way to refresh your look, branding with a new scheme and a logo is going to take you a long way. Another great article by 99designs.ca discusses 5 key points on why a logo is important.

These days, you don't even need to turn to a designer to build you one as a multitude of logo generators exist and they produce some very polished and professional looking logos. Shopify has it's own free generator here, and if you are looking for something a little more customizable, check out these third-party options by Looka and Tailor Brands.

I hope this has been helpful! What do you feel you might need to or want to change? Are there any features you're lacking right now for your business? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like