Not a single sale in 30 Days .

Highlighted
2 0 0

Not one sale since I started the website .

Used all the Shopify recommendations , such as Eggflow etc 

What am I doing wrong ?

Starting to think this is a waste of money !!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 46

Hi, Pete.

Morgan here from the Social Media team at Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out about the struggle you've been facing with your business. I want to go over some of the things to consider for you as a new business owner as well as share a few of the many ways to gain traction on your site. 

First: You want to make sure your website is up to par. Here's a list of the things you need to evaluate:

1. Do you have a concise brand image and voice, and are your products desired?
2. Would you buy from your business as a consumer?
3. Do your products have engaging product descriptions that build trust and make your customers want to buy these products?
4. Why would someone buy from you, and not another website?
5. Is everything on your site working and completed? Ie. Policies, FAQ, sizing (if it's a clothing store), About us, Blog, Collections.

After giving those questions a look over, do you see any areas you may need to work on? I don't see a link present, but if you reply back with a link to your store I can offer some feedback and go through some ideas with you. As well, you may receive some great insight from experts and other entrepreneurs on the forums by sharing your store link.

Aside from your stores look and feel, how have you been getting customers to your site, or trying to get customers to your site so far?

Getting potential customers to a website is for sure one of the tough parts about starting a stand alone online store! Due to this being your very own website and not a marketplace or shared space like Amazon or Etsy, it does require a bit of work and a few steps to start getting customers to your site. However, I can share some tips to make this happen.

To start, showing up on Google and other search engines is important. You will need to submit a sitemap for your store to Google to ensure your ranking can progress and information can be as accurate as possible. Google is known to be slow to update search results and a sitemap from your store will speed up the process with them. Here is how to submit a site map!

I don't usually recommend relying on or pouring endless amounts of money into paid ads right away, as there's many other free things you can do to generate engagement, views and even sales. However, if you have tried everything else and are sure your site is as good as it can be, this is when I recommend looking into using paid methods through Facebook and Instagram to advertise.

Do note, you have the option of doing some free ventures such as using social influencers or posting yourself to your timeline for friends and family. I highly recommend starting social media accounts for your business right away. This is the best and most lucrative way to grow your business for free. Leverage the audience you can reach for free on these platforms to the best of your ability.

Then, you can dive into Facebook advertisements. Facebook ads are posts that reach a set amount of people for a price. These prices fluctuate depending on the reach, demographic and clicks per ad. I have some more information here on Facebook ads.
Facebook Ads 101
Facebook ads video tutorial

The information above is a very brief intro to Facebook advertising. However, there are many moving parts and strategies when it comes to marketing using Facebook ads. Once you have an understanding of the main points you need to consider some things specific to your business:

1. Where is your demographic located?
Although selling online technically allows you to sell worldwide, you want to build brand awareness and become a local known name first. Trying to market to the entire world is too broad. Start with your immediate area, if the products you sell fits the demographic there of course.

2. How much do you have to budget on ads?
This needs to be considered as you don't want to spend your entire budget on the initial ad. What if the demographic or ad content didn't work? You may need to try different campaign types or A/B testing. There's also sales funnels and retargeting campaigns that follow initial ads that need to be funded. This is typically where you see the most conversions on your shop. Here's more on retargeting to read up on.

3. Who are you targeting?

Make sure you know exactly the age range, and type of person your product sells to. Even if you sell something as generic as toothpaste, consider your packaging, branding, colours and tone. Who would resonate with this the most?

There's a reason razor companies don't just sell one razor to men and women alike. It's too hard to target both markets and relate to both with one product and marketing strategy. So what do they do? They change the name, ads and colours to match their new targeted demographics. They will shoot ads that resonate with men for the "mens razor" and pretty/feminine ads for the "women's razor" to target their specific audience. Even though we can argue both products are pretty much the same.

(You don't necessarily need to go to the extent, but use that as consideration when you make decisions on the direction of your brand, and how you market to the masses.)

This is definitely a lot of information to digest. However, I want you to know there's a lot of pieces to the puzzle and ways to hustle to make your business work. Again, I'd be happy to look over your store and share with you where I think you should focus your attention for the time being! I look forward to hearing from you, and please be sure to let me know if any of this is confusing to you.

If there's anyone reading through this thread who's also a store owner, here's a question for you: How did you get your first sale and how long did it take? Would love to hear your insight!

Cheers,
Morgan | Shopify Social Care

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1802 30 198

Can you provide your store URL?

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks my url is 

http://www.yippar.com.au

Hope you can help as I am about to turn it off if it doesn't get sales !!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
86 6 19
Get rid of the pop ups
Get rid of the fake sales pop ups
Your menu needs to have the different categories you sell on it. Simply having catalog is no good as customers want to know where they are going when they click a link.
You need to create your own product titles and descriptions. Imported crap from aliexpress doesn’t sell.

Selling online isn’t as simple as importing a bunch of products from aliexpress. It takes work. Google some of the biggest stores on Shopify. What do their websites look like? Pattern your store after them.
You can even hire someone on fiverr to tell you what needs fixed. https://www.fiverr.com/s2/063bc659af?utm_source=CopyLink_Mobile
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 46

Thanks for the link to your store, Pete. 

After having a look I still believe the things I mentioned previously are topics you need to consider for your business before you can really drive sales. 
Here's a recap again:

1. Do you have a concise brand image and voice, and are your products desired?
2. Would you buy from your business as a consumer? 
3. Do your products have engaging product descriptions that build trust and make your customers want to buy these products?
4. Why would someone buy from you, and not another website?

The reason I bring this up is, just like @MattR1 was saying building an online business is more than putting some products on a page and hoping people buy them. I recommend looking at the examples from our Shopify store example post to see what an online business/store truly looks like. You want to be sure you're selling the brand and lifestyle your business portrays, and not just a bunch of stand alone items. 

In terms of the site UX, I was a bit confused. You showed only a few products on your home page with no real indication there's other items for sale. I saw a call to action saying "Click here now" but it didn't say why, and I wasn't too sure what was going to happen when I clicked it. However, after clicking I realized you had more products hiding on another page. Again, Matt mentioned updating your menu. Be sure to utilize collections and drop down menus to display and organize your products. This guide should help with that

This type of product description has a hard time selling products: 
30-46-2kfm9-vymu7

I recommend coming up with a catchy writeup for your items. Explain the product to the customer as if you were a sales person in a brick and mortar store trying to get them to buy it. The above information in the screenshot doesn't mean anything to a consumer, you want to give them information about the product that relates to their lives. Product descriptions are your only sales pitch in the e-commerce world! 

Also, you tend to be lacking some lifestyle photography or cohesive message on your site. It looks like you want to create a fashion brand, but the main slideshow on your homepage makes it hard to recognize that. I recommend buying a few samples and taking some lifestyle shots, or having some more relevant pictures displayed on your site, especially your home page.

30-53-7pzs5-00922

I know a lot of this information is similar to Matts advice, but I agree with the things mentioned above. Focusing your efforts on improving these things first should help quite a bit. I don't want any of this information to discourage you, and I hope you are able to implement some of the ideas into your store. Let us know how it goes!

Morgan | Shopify Social Care  

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes