Not getting enough sales, What could be the reason?

Twinkle03
1 0 0

Website URL: https://greenbellonline.com/

We started the website in February 2021, Started getting sales on a daily basis from April 2021.

But now we are not moving ahead, and June we did see a drop in sales too. 

Is the design of the website or the flow of the website not proper?

Our website is taking time to load and the speed is not that great, how can we repair that?

Looking for feedback on the overall functioning of the website and some measures we can start with.

0 Likes

Hi @ ,

This is Polo from MS Web Designer - TOP Rated Shopify Experts based in Singapore. We would like to provide some recommendations based on our seven years of experience in providing solutions to over 10000 active Shopify merchants.

We have reviewed your store, and the store looks good along with the product niche.

On the Home Page:

• The payment icons can be displayed for the ease of your customers.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_0-1625829584863.png

On-Page SEO-

• Google Search Console Setup
  • Schema Markup for Home page
  • Sitemap XML Check and Submit at Google Search Console
  • Index home page and other 2 any pages
  • Internal Linking Check
  • Broken Link Check
  • Canonicalization Check
  • Title and Description optimization home page and other 2 any pages
  • 3 keywords optimization for home page and other 2 any pages
  • Content optimization for home page and other 2 any pages 

Speed Optimization-

We did some speed tests on your store. Kindly check the result here: 

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/greenbellonline.com/815D2T9y/

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_1-1625829984378.png

Based on this result, you can optimize the site with some tactful actions like optimizing the JavaScript files, minimizing the images and videos (if any), deleting the obsolete and junk codes, etc. to make your webpage faster hence ensuring customer satisfaction.

As we checked there were no Terms and Conditions at the checkout. It might create some confusion during the delivery of products. Hence we suggest you install a Free app from the Shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout as it makes it easy for the customer to read your terms and policies and for chaos-free shopping. Voila Shopify app adds a highly efficient cart feature, proven to reduce cart abandonment and boost sales. (Shows multiple Discount coupon codes on the cart page)

These were the few suggestions that we think are necessary for your store. If you feel that this comment was helpful, hit a like or mark it as a solution.

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 135 326

Hey @Twinkle03,

Sorry to hear about the drop in sales, I'm sure it's discouraging. I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

greenbell-01.png

PRODUCTS
As you know, baby clothes, toys and general supplies can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a piece of clothing or baby toys in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

The other thing I would not about your products is that the amount of links in your mega menu is overwhelming. I would look at a store like Babies R Us and take a look at their navigation menu for inspiration.

greenbell-02.png

STORE SPEED
To address your concern about your store speed, you can improve it by downsizing your images. Shopify has a free image resizer that you can use: https://www.shopify.ca/tools/image-resizer

greenbell-03.png

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information. 

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes