Not made any sales yet

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi Everyone,

My site has been up for 2 months and I have yet to make a sale.  I know there aren't a lot of designs up yet but that will be changing shortly.  So I would really welcome some feedback...perhaps my prices are to high.  I think the designs are pretty cool but I obviously could be wrong so feedback on that would also be welcome.  The website is one of the free ones as I'm just starting out so money isn't really available at the moment.  I have been trying to promote myself on Instagram but other than getting 82 followers there hasn't been and sales.

Thank you in advance

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 0 0

forget about wasting money on facebook ads, twitter, instagram. use google shopping ap, it uses machine learning, that means no more trying to guess keywords, no more wasting money on facebook , the only ones making money from facebook are the people that tell you how to sell on facebook. get seo from apstore also. and you will do fine, also don't lower your prices. let google shopping pick the people to sell to.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
957 96 191

Hey there, Chris!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

Firstly I would just like to say that I absolutely love your store, your "About Us" page is brilliantly written; it is a wonderful mission statement. The designs are really awesome and I feel that they definitely have great potential to be great sellers. I did find one or two things that we could tweak to help get you some sales!

The first thing that I looked at here were your product titles descriptions. Your hoodies have lengthier descriptions which are great to see. I would recommend doing something very similar for the t-shirts. You want to have a uniform look to your store, where the hoodies give a good description of the materials etc the t-shirts leaves a little to be desired. I would also recommend adding a little more about your mission on the product page. As I mentioned before, your "About Us" page is brilliantly written, however, some customers may not see it and will not realize the significance behind the designs because the descriptions are only mentioning the physical attributes of the hoodies and t-shirts such as material.

One example of this I always refer to is NastyGal. NastyGal makes sure to have a little description on every product that 1) describes the piece and 2) projects the voice of their brand! Take a look at how they describe some of their products, each description shows personality and reflects their brand's voice. Finding a voice for your brand will help you gather loyal customers and even brand ambassador.

It is absolutely wonderful to see that you are donating proceeds of your sales to the Wounded Warriors Project. I would highly recommend also showing this on the landing page as an incentive for people to buy with you right away. As important as it is to have an About Us page, you should display the most relevant parts of it on more frequented pages of your store such as the homepage. You should be able to find a section of your theme that will allow you to add this information as text or as an image with text overlay. The embedded Pledgling widget is a great idea on the About us page, I would, however, hold off on it until you actually have made some sales and can display that money has been donated.

As you mentioned, there aren't many designs on your store just yet and I understand that it is something you are working on, however, would you consider adding more color variants to your current designs? I personally love black and wear it more than any other color, other people on the other hand love color. I understand that this may not work with the branding you had in mind but it is definitely something that you can consider.

It's great to see that you have an Instagram up and running! Instagram has proven to be one of the most effective ways of reaching out to customers. The thing about Instagram is that it reaches a wide array of people who can engage with your posts. What I would recommend is posting more pictures of actual people wearing your designs. As Amy Landino goes through in this video, people engage with pictures of faces more than anything. If you have some army friends out there I would encourage you to send them some designs to model for you! They don't need to look like your conventional models either, your brand is all about supporting those real warriors! Amy goes through some other musts when it comes to Instagram marketing so be sure to check her out!

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
44 0 4

Hi there, 

Im browsing from my laptop

I was just stuck on the home page for a long time trying to figure out how I felt... the first image on the slider is far too dark- for someone like me we who has already been browsing the internet and most other websites have a white / light background, so when i click on your home page-  and i see a very dark page- from a psychological point of view i have an assault on my sense's, it's a bit too intense for me and I initially feel like i want to leave. Maybe just swap the first image in the slider around to the second image of the dark red t-shirt?

Once I get in though, i really love the layout.

Big problem though, customers want to shop from choice, having only 2 categories that both only have 2 products in each category is a big disappointment. Psychologically when someone is shopping online, nobody wants to shop in an empty shop (its the same as though you walked into a beautiful big real shop in real life or went to an amazing looking market stall only for you to find they only had 4 items, its disappoints expectation.

Product page looks really good.

Good luck

p.s... It's actually a really nice website once you get in!

… your shop's success can only be measured by the way you made people feel, caring for you customers feelings is fulfilling their expectations... If my advice has helped you, please share my website link in your social media www.becomelingerie.co.uk … thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to go through and have a look.  I really appreciate it and that is some great advice.  I'm going to definitely make those changes.  

Cheers

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi Bo,

Thank you so much for taking such an indepth look at my site and the suggestions.  I've been beating my head against a wall but now I know what to change.  Over the next few days I'm going to make those changes definitely.  The colours is very true.  I'm going to add more colours as well.  

Thanks again and I suspect there will be a lot of calls in to support :)

Chris

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Thanks for the advice.  I'm going to check out those apps you mentioned.  This is such a great community when it comes to helping the newbies out.

Thanks again

1 Like