Not making any sales and spent lots on marketing

1 0 1

Hello, thanks for reading this. Could someone please help me review my store and tell me from their point of view what do you think is wrong or the products I´ve ben running several ads since sunday that's when i started running ads I have spent 150 bucks and still havent gotten any sales. This is my store: https://www.babbyandmom.com 

Thanks! do you thing any of the products is a winner? HELP please

1 Like

Hi Pepe! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

Your store is absolutely adorable - I love the little elf baby costume pic on the homepage. Definitely engaging and inviting to browse further. It’s also linked to the actual product with a CTA [call to action], which is excellent.

You have a countdown in the top bar, however it doesn’t say if it’s the sale countdown, or an event countdown - make sure to add more info here to prompt people to take a specific action.

There’s some widget area on the homepage that loads on an error page:

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 06.57.16.png

Make sure to look into it and update it.

Consider adding more content to your homepage in terms of featured products, collections and more. The more elements you have, the longer people will spend on your website, which will help you improve your conversion rate and SEO [dwell time].

Content quality - make sure to SEO optimize your written content to rank for the target keywords. It will help you get found in the most relevant Google searches. At the moment your website ranks for very generic phrases, such as: “cart, nbsp [non breaking space], Shop”:

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 07.03.48.png

Your Google snippet [meta title + meta description] are too long - they have 78 and 324 characters respectively:

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 07.05.26.png

Make sure to stick to the recommended limit of 65 characters and 165 characters, otherwise the values will be cut off in Google search results.

Image alt tags - make sure to add descriptive SEO friendly alt tags to each new image you upload:

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 07.07.04.png

That’s a great way to improve your SEO [Google will be able to understand what each image represents] and make your website more accessible for the users who browse with images switched off.

If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes
Excursionist
34 4 11

There are some mistakes with the basics, as:

• No headline which tells me the benefits of your product
  • Also it´s not clear in the area above the fold what you´re offering
  • You waste a lot of space with the big size of your logo -> takes away attention from your product, make that smaller
  • Put the CTA on the main page on the right side, CTA´s almost always belong in the center or the right side - in that case with the picture of the baby place the CTA on the right, so that it looks like the baby is looking at the CTA -> more people will click on it
  • Product description is terrible -> you try to appeal to the emotions, that´s good, but people buy the benefits -> why should I buy that elf suit for my baby? make a list an write down 20 benefits, pick the best 3-5 and put them in the product description
  • I don´t have a baby so maybe I just don´t know it, but is it common to use the months of age as a sizing guide?
  • Sale countdown of 7 days doesn´t create any kind of urgency - you could reduce that time dramatically
  • on the product page give the "add to cart" button a colour, many people are just going to miss it -> I´d suggest to make it green, because that´s going to work better than using red as a colour
  • Put the logos of all payment options you accept under the "add to cart" button -> builds trust -> more sales

There´s probably more too, but that should to the trick for now

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @pepetostado 

Some great suggestions already above. 

I personally think you could be using a better theme. Here is a review of what I believe is the best free Shopify theme below. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/blogs/shopify/1-shopify-free-theme

Overall great job. I love your Instagram feed. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

P.S If you want a awesome , extremely detailed , Free website review that will blow your socks off check out this link HERE or www.inspiresmallbusiness.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
522 19 62
I would like to suggest to you- 1. Display reviews and testimonials, Whether you’ve got Google reviews, Facebook ratings, or simply positive comments that customers have emailed to you, make sure you creatively showcase them on your store. 2. Your store is lacking in the most important part that is customer engagement and retention. You can increase customer engagement by adding loyalty programs and give points on signing up, visit a store, follow on social media or refer to a friend. There are many different ways to boost engagement and conversion. 3. Add pop-up for a newsletter subscription box and delay it to 60 seconds so that it will give time to explore more products I know a few strategies to boost the same in your store. Feel free to discuss all those with me anytime.
Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes