Not making any sales

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi everyone. I've started my own store selling print on demand mugs and t-shirts. It's been open around a week now. I've had a fair bit of traffic from facebook ads but only one sale. Just wondering if theres anything I've done wrong or have not done. Any feedback greatly apperciated!
PeepyPrints.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
177 26 109

Hey there! Welcome to the world of e-commerce, @PeepyPrints! You’ve put in a great start.

Question: Is it PeepyPrints or Peepy Prints? On your logo, there’s a space included. On your hero image, there isn't. I would just be consistent with the two. 

Looking at your homepage, I have a few suggestions:

• Instead of putting Free shipping on your hero image, put it on a banner at the top of your page. 
  • What is a Father’s Day range? I was confused by that term. 
  • Your hero image is a little blurry, and it appears to be a stock image. I would try to get your own image in there!
  • Remove the image carousel at the bottom of the page about your footer. You don’t need it. It’s not helping you sell anything. Again, if those aren’t your products, they aren’t going to help you sell. If I thought you sold a Baby Yoda mug, I would probably leave disappointed in the fact you don’t sell it. 
  • Link your contact information. Since you have two email addresses listed, clarify when to use one or the other.
  • Make sure your social media links open in a new tab.

Do you use any visitor behavior tools? This would be a prime time to use one. Things like heatmaps (to see where people scroll) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit) can help you see how people are using your site.

Considering you’re generating traffic from your Facebook ads, I would definitely filter both heatmaps and recordings to isolate those campaigns. Looking at your ads you’re running, I would suggest linking your Father’s Day’s campaign to the Father’s Day collection rather than the homepage.

PeepyPrints1.png

Navigation and Product pages
I would use heatmaps to see how people are using your main navigation. What are they clicking on, where are they not clicking, etc. It can help you focus on the collections that are popular among customers.

In your collections, include filters. For example, in clothing I may not want something that’s for Father’s Day. I may want your gamer shirts instead. Offer filters by category, available sizes and color.

On your product pages, watch how people interact with it through session recordings. I would definitely add more details and a better description. Right now it’s not telling me much. For example, I’m looking at this shirt:

• It needs a sizing chart in measurements
  • Take out the color options. You only have black available on this product page, so adding in other colors just further confuse the buyer.
  • Take out the weight or explain. Right now a buyer would have no reason to know why that matters. 
  • Add in reviews! In your purchase confirmation email, include an invitation to leave a review. People want to know what customers thought. 
  • Don’t leave the shipping information to a checkout page. Get that information out front before checkout. Customers hate surprises.
  • Add in a currency conversion option and international shipping information. You don’t want to exclude shoppers who are overseas.

You have a great start here! Using visitor behavior will help you evaluate your site through your customers’ eyes. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck.

Cheers-

Danny 

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Peepy prints,

Keep the below-listed points in mind for optimizing your store:

• Avoid "multiple currency converters" in the footer.
  • "Contact form" is a must in the "Contact Us" section.
  • Align "footer links" vertically for symmetric placement.
  • Product Images should be small for better presentation.
  •  Include links to your Twitter, Linked In, or any other social media business pages as well.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best!
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
191 2 11

Hi there! Firstly, congratulations on your new business!

It looks like you are targeting a global market. Good to see you have displayed multiple currency selector allowing currency converting on the front page. If you could dynamically display content as location-specific, it brings the most relevant product information to your visitors (like local currency, shipping policy etc), and enhances individual visitors' purchasing exerience.

For example, instead of having your customer choosing their proper at the button of the page, you may auto display price to your visitors with local currency seamlessly based on their locations using Geo IP tools. For example, use Geo Targetly. When the currency is changed, it adds a parameter to the URL, for example, exampleshop.com?cur=GBP, or exampleshop.com?cur=AUD. With its Geo Redirect tool, it detects your visitors' locations by IP and auto direct them to correct URLs based on locations. You can easily set up redirecting rules within a few steps. No code is necessary.

Another potential improvement, your shopping policy displayed at the top of storefront page could be more location specific. Right now, it says "Free Shipping to UK". This annoucement engages UK customers only. Other visitors may think they are not within service range and simple leave. You may potentially use another Geo Targetly tool: Geo Content to set up dynamically displayed shipping announcement based on visitors' locations. It alters almost any content on your website as location specific, like texts, headlines, banners, etc. In this way, you can  effectively engaging with every single visitors based on locations, and increase conversion rate.

Here are a few examples. Geo Targetly solutions is easy to integrate and geo targeting customers. Shopify platform is perfectly supported. Hope it helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Thank you so much for all your help and tips to improve my store :) I've implemented a lot of the tips suggested. I'm still making any sales. I've had over 1000 visitors now to my site. Is there a problem with my checkout page? Or are my prices too high? I'm not sure what it could be.
Thanks again.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hey Peepyprints,

Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job! Not entirely sure of what might be wrong, but I have a few pointers:

1. As soon as I land, I can see the logo. Maybe you can update the copy in the first fold about what products you sell? It might help people as soon as they land to make sense. 
  2. IN the t-shirt product listings, it might make sense to insert a proper size chart. One which actually says what the dimensions of each size are. I personally tend to look into these a lot whenever I’m shopping for clothing, because sometimes different shops are slightly different sizes.
  3. I like your “About Us” page, it is very warm and friendly. You can try adding a human factor by adding pictures of the team, and talking more about your story, why you started.
  4. Add free shipping, even if you have to increase prices by a few bucks. I definitely agree with this - shipping is a big turn off for online shoppers. 
  5. Testimonials are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I also run a store of the pants and shirts but there is a lot of decrease in the sale in the recent time.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @PeepyPrints ,

I just had a look at your store, it looks really great, there are few suggestions from my side, hope that helps you

• I have noticed that there is no reviews option on the product page, try implementing the reviews option so that your customers can be able to choose the best product and also they will start trusting your products with the reviews written by other customers.
  • Also please try to add SEO friendly titles for your products so that it will be very helpful in marketing your products.

Hope our feedback helps you,

Regards,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes