Not showing up on google

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi all,

so my website is very new in fact it isn't even finished yet, it only went live 2-3 weeks ago.

when i type site:domain it shows up in safari but when i type it into google nothing comes up.

I'm really not concerned about ranking yet i'm just focusing on improving and finishing my store however, im left wondering if there is something i haven't done. i assumed this would just show up automatically. any help would be much appreciated, thanks

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 34 85

Hey, @toffeeman!

It can take Google up to 90 days to crawl your website, which is the most likely culprit in why it's not appearing. That said, I would recommend verifying your domain with Google, then submitting your sitemap as this should speed up the process. Have you taken any steps towards building your SEO?

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Peter,

Thanks you so much for your reply. I haven't registered with google as of yet but i will do that asap, I did read it can take up to 90 days so hopefully once registered and after the 90 days it will show up. I have tried to work on my SEO and fortunately I have a someone who is going to help me with that. Thanks again, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 34 85

@toffeeman 

Good to hear! Once you've submitted your sitemap and verified your domain with Google, it should only take about 2 weeks, if that. I'd recommend checking out our SEO help doc as well to get familiar with what you're able to set up within the Shopify admin. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes