Not sure I've set up my Shopify correctly

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm struggling with understanding my site. I need a "starting page" that has general information about my company, our trainers and the products that I sell. Regular retail items can have prices listed but then I require 2 separate LOGIN pages, where I can list "wholesale prices". I need to be able to verify a client's credentials before allowing them to "shop wholesale" and I'm not sure that is what I have created...HELP?? For password protected pages, do the clients make their own password or do I assign them a password, after I verify their credentials?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Hi @BestSmile,

Hyde here from Shopify. That's a very interesting question!

We have a very handy guide on how to sell wholesale here. You'll see it breaks down your options into several parts:

20-07-0usui-njeph

The cheapest and most feasible options for yourself (unless you're a large business that can afford the Shopify Plus Plan) are listed below:

1. You could use discount codes, as outlined here:

20-07-k9jyv-xzg2v

You could create discount codes that are only available to certain customers:

20-07-8l1l2-4f23c

2. You could use a wholesale app:

20-07-bslih-qvgzv

There's also a really fantastic app called Locksmith that I want to draw your attention to, which allows you to segment your store to allow different customers to see different bits of content or products or collections. That app is available here, and here's an overview of it's stated aim:

20-07-x7csa-n7bxu

So you could actually create duplicates of whatever pages, products, or collections you want to offer at wholesale price and then simply decide which customer can see those duplicates.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes