One Product store, take a look please.

steveibe
4 0 0

Hi, I think I'm close to launching my store but I would appreciate some input from the pros. At first, I don't plan to advertise in any way, I want to direct traffic slowly to the store.  I want to have free shipping but if I use USPS Priority Express it excludes Alaska, Hawaii etc. I figured out how to limit those states for free shipping but how do you create a profile that includes those states and Canada, in the future elsewhere? Also, what is the most economic way to ship to other locations? All 3 variations of my products fit in a 12.5 x 9.5 envelope. Any comments would be appreciated, thank you in advance, Steve

TrashTrainer store-https://kk5ys51p5onyi77z-56445567145.shopifypreview.com

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 136 327

Hey @steveibe,

Congratulations on getting your store up and running! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

trash-trainer-01.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS

screencapture-kk5ys51p5onyi77z-56445567145-shopifypreview-products-2-cart-system-2021-06-21-09_30_14.png
I’d recommend working on your product descriptions. There are things you can add in and change in order to increase conversions. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

SEO
When you are working on your product descriptions, keep SEO in mind. One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

REVIEWS
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:

BLURRY PHOTO
The photo with the text "640 Pounds" is blurry. This happens when you use an image that is too small for the given space. It will get stretched out to fill the area but when it does that you lose image quality and get that blurry/pixelated look. I’d recommend replacing that photo with a larger, high quality one.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
steveibe
4 0 0

Thanks for the input. This site is just a POS for me right now. I made some changes since your comments. Can you give me an estimate for making things look right on mobile without adding or changing content please?

Thanks, Steve

0 Likes