One year in - Lots of sales - 1000s of visitors daily - Can we do any more?

Hi!
We launched our store almost a year ago and got off to a slow start. We have made improvement after improvement and the site is now generating a good profit and has tons of unique and repeat customers visiting each day (Wahayy!!).
It took us a long time to get here, but with constant upgrades, changes and apps I feel we now have a great store with some good features our competitors don’t have.
But.... we are always looking to improve and upgrade the experience to get more and more custom.
We are working on a new theme at the moment that will include all of the features our current store has plus some great upgrades, but I don’t feel this will be ready for at least a few months and I do not want to change the site until we know it’s as close to perfect as we can get it.

So... I am looking for feedback on the store as it is at the moment. What can we improve in the short term? What can we upgrade in the long term? What should we add or remove to make the website even better?
We are opening our first UK store next month and will be using the Shopify POS so click and collect will also soon be an option for the majority of our items.

What are we doing right, what could we improve? Any feedback would be great!

www.spareandsquare.co.uk

0 Likes

Hello

I was impressed by looking into your store which showcase your vision and passion towards your work, every thing looks fine ,But for getting good traffic and for attracting customers .I would like to suggest few points.

Add Testimonials: Testimonials give customers confidence in your product. They can resolve a customer’s primary concerns, make them feel good about contacting you, and solidify their decision to buy your products. Add testimonials in footer of home page

Below the add to cart ,Add "Buy now" and add 'Wishlist" buttons . Buy now will helps the customer to directly redirect to buying option. Wishlist will helps us to send emails to customers to drag his intension towards item and make him to buy.

Screenshot (30).png

Rewards and credits:  Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and  credits. You can give  credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

Recently viewed items: Many customers want to view previous items. If it’s too difficult to view again previous items, they will likely frustrated, and may not purchase anymore. Better to add recently viewed items in product page

Social login: I would like to suggest social login page like login with facebook,  instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

I would wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store. I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.

Hope! If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know!

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Add Testimonials

We have product reviews for each item and do encourage customers to review, I will also look into adding customer testimonials to our product pages.

Buy now

The main reason for not having a buy now button is because it does not add discounts for our customers if they use the buy now button, which has caused issues in the past. We by pass the buy now option and any multi buy discounts, bundle offers etc all work fine but we may look into adding this back in the future.

Rewards and credits

We do already use a rewards system and reward customers for purchases, becoming a member, liking or following us on social media etc. The rewards icon is to the left of the page once you have accepted the cookie policies

Recently Viewed Items

I agree and this is something I will make sure is added back ot the store asap

Social Login

Again this is something we already have

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hey @SpareAndSquareThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are my inputs:

Add the ‘buy now’ button- it lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process. So instead of having to add items to the cart, going to the cart page, and then to the checkout page, they can go from the product page to the checkout page in one click. This way, you reduce drop-offs and cart abandonment.

AiTrillion_0-1623838532988.png

- You can add a sales motivator bar to encourage people to purchase more.

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor an exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Setup web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

To implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. This will help you to maximize engagement in your store and drive conversions.

P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @AiTrillion 

We have added the buy now button back - it has caused issues in the past with not adding multibuy discounts etc but we seem to have resolved that issue now.

I am really not a fan of sales motivator bars, pop ups and the like. I hate them myself when on websites and come off them straight away and when we did use them, our conversion rate dropped a lot! And the sales we did have, all had a discount applied from exit pop ups etc. Since removing them our conversion rate has doubled and people only get a discount if they abandon a cart, or use a multi buy or subscription service we have on the website so I dont think we will be adding anything like that back.

I like the idea of a review carousel on the homepage and will get something added over the next few days. 

0 Likes

Your website takes nearly 5 seconds for the first paint and nearly 15 to fully load.

According to Google you lose 53% of your visitors before you hit the 3 second mark and they themselves said they lost 20% of their traffic because of a two millisecond increase in load times.

Is your redesign going to address your load time problems or do you feel that isn't a problem?

0 Likes

Hi @CartTurbo  absolutely, its a problem we are addressing right now and within 24 hours we will be 90+ on desktop and 80+ on mobile devices using Google site speed checker. We have recently installed a few apps that have slowed things down, have tons of unused javascript and the whole site is not optimised correctly to be honest. Now the site is performing great and we have all the apps we need working perfectly, we are working hard to sort this and have a team sorting it right now. Hopefully, within 24 hours he site should load in around 2 seconds on all devices.

Update:

Mobile

Mobile Speeds.jpg

Desktop

desktop speeds.jpg

Seem to have sorted most of the loading speed issues now

Awesome, your sitting at nearly 2 second load times.

You've got 70 images below the fold on the home page, can you get them to lazy load those?

According to Akamai’s research, a two-second delay in web page load time increases bounce rates by 103%, so ... if your wanting to increase conversion getting under a second is about the best thing you can do.

According to Google they loss 20% of the traffic because of a 2 millisecond increase in load times from .3 to .5.

You have over 8,000 CSS Rules. 

Having a huge number of CSS rules hurts performances. If the number of CSS rules is higher than the number of DOM elements, there is clearly a problem.

Huge stylesheets generally occur when the different pages of a website load all the CSS, concatenated in a single stylesheet, even if a large part of the rules are page-specific.

Solution is to create one main CSS file with global rules and one custom file per page.

You've got over 250 color combinations, you should only have about 3.

You use @import 4 times and it’s bad for performance to use @import because CSS files don't get downloaded in parallel.

You should use <link rel='stylesheet' href='a.css'> instead.

You've got 155 Duplicated selectors ...This is when two or more selectors are strictly identical and should be merged.

Not trying to give you a hard time but just wondering how close to a second you can get?

0 Likes

Hi @CartTurbo.

Not trying to give you a hard time but just wondering how close to a second you can get?

Don’t see it like that all, thank you for such good feedback its great to get constructive feedback that can only improve our store and in turn sales so its really appreciated!

You've got 70 images below the fold on the home page, can you get them to lazy load those?

Is there an easy way to implement this on Shopify at all? 

You have over 8,000 CSS Rules

I think this is a limitation with the theme we are using, its quite an old one from the theme store now that was designed for large inventory stores. Unfortunately I am about at my limits now with what I can do myself or my close team of friends that help and work on the store for me, do you have any recommendations how to implement he changes you have mentioned, or any guides I could learn from that may help me get a better understanding?

You've got over 250 color combinations

Does this include the product images, as on our theme settings, we only use 3 - 4 different colours across the whole site, mainly the blue and yellow colours. We have even used the same colours for our collection images, headers etc to try and keep the feel identical across the whole site.

"You use @import 4 times and it’s bad for performance to use @import because CSS files don't get downloaded in parallel.

You should use <link rel='stylesheet' href='a.css'> instead.

You've got 155 Duplicated selectors ...This is when two or more selectors are strictly identical and should be merged."

Again this is something I am not to sure about myself and probably a little out of my depth, but again if you could point us in the right direction I am always happy to learn and get a better understanding so I can implement improvements asap! 

Thanks for your help and advice so far @CartTurbo 

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hey @SpareAndSquare,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the all-in-one marketing app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help or you can email our support at support@aitrillion.com

P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.

Reply Awaited!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes