Online Shop Assistance

Solved
LaurenReitzer
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there,

I have a number of questions with regards to starting a plan with Shopify,

Could someone please give me an email address where I could possibly contact someone who would be able to assist me with all my queries?

It would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you

Karlie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @LaurenReitzer!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! If you would like to reach out to our team via email, chat or callback then you can follow the prompts from our Help Center, here. However, I am happy to answer any questions you have about the Shopify platform here. If you're interested in asking your questions here, feel free to reply with any questions you have and I'll do my best to get back to you! 

I hope this has answered your question!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LaurenReitzer
Tourist
3 0 1

Good morning Karlie,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, please advise on the following questions:

1. What plan would you recommend for us if we wanted to have 3 online stores?
  2.  Are we able to run special pricing for different customers bases depending on who has logged in and is looking at the store?
  3.  Is there anyway Shopify could link with our financial system Sage?
  4. If so, would it be possible for the customer to log in and if there account is in arrears, a pop up message would appear and tell them that they cannot order until their account is settled?

I am sure I have a million more questions but if you could attend to those in the meantime that would be greatly appreciated, 

Thank you,

Lauren

0 Likes
Karlie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @LaurenReitzer!

Karlie here again! You're so welcome! I'm happy to get back to you with any questions you might have. I'll address these in numerical order just to keep things even and organized. 

1. Can you tell me more about these 3 stores? Is each store going to be individual and sell different products or are you looking for 3 different stores under different currencies or languages? 
  2. If you're looking to charge different prices to different customers, then I would recommend an app that would allow you to do so. This type of functionality isn't currently built into the Shopify Admin, but there are apps you can use that can provide your store with a similar feature. The apps I would recommend would allow you to feature wholesale prices or different prices based on the customer. You do not have to sell wholesale to use these apps, it would just allow you to set up different prices for the same item. Be sure to check out the apps; Bold Custom Pricing, Wholesale Simplified and Wholesale Quantity
  3. As for a sage integration, there are also apps created just for that. You can check out Sage 50 Integration, Sage Business Cloud Accounting and Sage Accounting EMEAA
  4. I'm afraid that this type of feature isn't currently available within Shopify - however, you could look into hiring a developer to create this type feature for you. I would recommend looking into a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts are developers, designers, marketers and photographers who you can hire to help with different aspects of your store. You can check out our Shopify Experts here

Feel free to reply back to this thread at any point! 

0 Likes
LaurenReitzer
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Karlie,

Thank you so much for your response,

Please see my repsponses to your questions below in red:

1. Can you tell me more about these 3 stores? Is each store going to be individual and sell different products or are you looking for 3 different stores under different currencies or languages? 

One store will be for our customers to go onto for example if a pharmacy wants to take a deal directly from us, they have different pricing so they could then only view that pricing. The other store will be products that are only directed to the Medical Professionals that support us, they will receive a much larger dicsount on specific products only. The third store is for our factory shop that we are currently physcially running. Instead of the customers having to come here from far places to hear about deals, we have an online store where they can order and arrange their collections as well.

1. If you're looking to charge different prices to different customers, then I would recommend an app that would allow you to do so. This type of functionality isn't currently built into the Shopify Admin, but there are apps you can use that can provide your store with a similar feature. The apps I would recommend would allow you to feature wholesale prices or different prices based on the customer. You do not have to sell wholesale to use these apps, it would just allow you to set up different prices for the same item. Be sure to check out the apps; Bold Custom Pricing, Wholesale Simplified and Wholesale Quantity

Thank you for the App names - we will definitely look into those. What plan would you recommend we go with?

1. As for a sage integration, there are also apps created just for that. You can check out Sage 50 Integration, Sage Business Cloud Accounting and Sage Accounting EMEAA

Are the apps an extra cost? If so how much?

1. I'm afraid that this type of feature isn't currently available within Shopify - however, you could look into hiring a developer to create this type feature for you. I would recommend looking into a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts are developers, designers, marketers and photographers who you can hire to help with different aspects of your store. You can check out our Shopify Experts here.

At the moment I think we would be trying to attempt to do this all in house as the extra cost of hiring someone is not on the cards at the moment. But thank you and will keep it in mind.

0 Likes
Karlie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 120

Hi again, @LaurenReitzer!

Thank you for getting back to me! Let's continue this conversation numerically so we can keep the questions/answers organized. 

1. It sounds like you're needing three different stores to accommodate different prices and products to specific customer bases. So, you have a couple of options here.
If you were to use an app like Locksmith or Wholesale Lock Manager then you would have the ability to close off or lock specific pages of your storefront so that only specific customers could access those pages. This would allow you to have one Shopify store and manage all of your products, pricing and customers from that one store - it would also give you the ability to section off prices and products to your retail customer base. 

If you're looking to have three different stores, then you would want to choose a Shopify plan for each store. Although you can sign into your Shopify Admins all from the same hub, you would need to have a Shopify plan for each individual store. I would recommend looking through our pricing and plans list, here, to see what plan features would be beneficial for your online business. You could always begin with the Shopify Basic Plan (29$ USD per month) and then upgrade when you need to. You can learn about how to upgrade your plan by following this guide

2. & 3. You're so welcome! Because each of these apps are third party, you would want to do some research into each app to see which one would work for your business idea. Each app has their own pricing and plans, so if you have any questions about the app then you can always reach out to the app developer by using the 'Support' section on the app page in the Shopify App Store

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

0 Likes