Online Smoke Shop Launched Last Night, Please review and provide all constructive criticism

Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

I just launched my site yesterday. Have done some light marketing, but working hard on building that up. I have had a few visits last night and today, but no sales yet. Please take a look at provide comments. I appreciate all feedback as I work to make my site more attractive and build out my marketing and brand.

The site is: glasscitypipes.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
68 0 15

Hi,

You have a pretty good store, but you could change a few things:
- Use better pictures of your products. A lot of pictures are good, but some of them are not good enough. Especially the ones you are using in the slider. They are mostly out of focus.
- Try to use a bit lighter color scheme. Gray instead of black would be much better.
- Your products are a bit expensive, so you have to show people that they will receive their order. Show your visitors that people trust you by showing the recent sales popups. Use the recent sales pop app for this.

Try to implement these changes, and let's see what will happen ;)

~Valdez
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your input and thorough response. I definitely agree with you on the pictures, some came out better than others. I have been having issues with the slider specifically when it comes to resizing so that images fit correctly. I will try and look more into it today though and get better images on there. 

I've thought about messing with colors as well, so i will try grey and see how it looks. 

I wanted to use the sales pop app too, but unfortunately I don't have any sales yet, so I don't think it would do much to benefit me. 

Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
120 0 8

Hi Thomas your website definatly needs a little work, product photos should streamlined and you should add an about us and contact us page in your main navigation bar. I also reccomend changing your green heading phrase it has to be quicker and simpler to read.

How are you marketing? What is your customer conversion rate like?

If you would like to go into further detail regarding this please feel free to contact me via my website smallbusinessmedia.weebly.com

I'd love to help you!

Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
68 0 15

That sounds great, can't wait to see the changes. :)

Oh and about the sales notifications. I think the app allows you to add some orders manually.

~Valdez
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Very nice online store, can you tell me where do you source your products from? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 5 37

hello @Thomas_Young 

This is Vinod from Bombay India. Congratulations on your new store, wish you success!

Just few suggestions:

1. Try to remove from top social icons, at the bottom of the page they are ok.

2. Free shipping in USA + Price Guarantee message make it visible on call pages

3. Also please provide the discount code on the website is self instead of collecting email for discount through popup

Important is that you first get quality traffic from your digital marketing effort.

I can serve you with digital marketing which will boost your website sales & increase conversions with correct ad setups and detailed optimization and strategies from time to time. I would be happy to help and serve you too!

Thanks

Vinod.

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi I’m opening a smoke shop as well but finding a merchant to process my payments is very difficult. I wanted to know which payment provider did you go with
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Glass City Pipes,

Really impressive! The store holds a user-friendly approach and everything from pin to plane is just full of professionalism. What needs to be improved, is just some minor flaws which are listed below as follows:

1. "Favicons enhance the user experience and ecommerce stores need this usability feature for easy identification. Add one to your store as well for unique recognition".
  2. The "header template" should be placed above the logo and sidelinks instead of being placed above the central banner.
  3. Remove the "mail address" from the header space as it is already a part of the "Contact Us" section.
  4. A "home button" is a must at the starting of the header menu of any ecommerce store.
  5. The addition of "payment gateways" would help in offering different options to the customers to pay according to their requirements.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May your store soon acquire a lot of sales. All the best!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hey @Thomas_Young, here are some suggestion which will help you to increase the conversions:-

1. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

2. Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing. Also, it builds up your social proof and social currency develops an engaging way to communicate with customers in multiple channels and hit right on your target market.

3. You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, and visiting a store. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing and full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retains the customers for the long term.

To implement this functionality on your Shopify store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app. You can check it out.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes