Online Store with 140 Years of Experience

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Shopify Community,

We're a 140 year old shoe company from England and we launched our new online store earlier this year: https://www.barkershoes.com

Sales have been good thus far but we're always looking for ways to improve, in particular our conversion rate which is currently about 0.8%

After so many years focused on traditional retail and wholesale channels, we're looking to invest in ecommerce and would love to hear your thoughts, stories and strategies.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Trailblazer
209 17 62

Hi there, 

Your store is very nice, would be even better if you could arrange the timing for both pop-ups or use the notifier box instead, for one of these.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes

Hi Wolton,

This is by far one of the best-visual-appealing stores I've seen in a while.

✅ it's crystal clear what you're selling

✅ the visuals are 10x awesome

✅ just the layout of the website speaks about your core target - medium to high income

❌ no product reviews - with your history and expertise this is definitely a must-have

❌ no currency converter - this is something debatable if you'll like to promote your British roots, then don't add it, if you want to encourage worldwide shipping then you must have it

❌ no shipping page - although I saw you provide free shipping in the UK, consider presenting your pricing policy in a dedicated page, where customers can find clear, transparent details

❌ your product page loads quite slow - https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.barkershoes.com/KJkMc6Oh

➕ you MUST integrate your Instagram feed - use VITALS or any other app, your main acquisition channel is/should be 100% visual based

REVIEWS your products are way too quality driven to ignore your clients' feedback

➕ I can see that you're best buying items are the Wooden Shoe Trees and the Wax Shoe Polish - it could make sense to have product bundles with a discount.

I would suggest having dedicated landing pages for your PPC campaigns. The store looks way too elegant and quality focus to clutter the design with conversion optimization tools.

Instagram feed + Reviews + Per product Landing pages for PPC campaigns = 

I hope that helps and do let me know if you have any questions.

Empowering e-commerce entrepreneurs by providing them with affordable, optimized and easy to use tools | Vitals 40+ Shopify Apps in One
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
474 46 237

Hi hwolton,

Your shop looks amazing. You can add a live chat section instead of Facebook messenger, which is not at all suggested. It could be really irritating to go to messenger and fill credentials just for clearing some doubts.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
0 Likes

Having worked on ASOS, Jack Wills and Cloggs when I lived in the UK. Plus have a lot of NYC fashion brands right now as clients. I'm going to use my ecom experience to help guide your store's design and marketing. I'll leave another post all about how you should think about your online marketing. You have a great brand and beautiful shoes, which is an important start to building your ecommerce business. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase more often.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I might consider making your homepage shorter as this would be a long page for someone on mobile

3. Are the shoes on the homepage, the most expensive or the most popular?

Product Page Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search. This is a major area where you could help improve your store

2. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof. Ask all your past customers for reviews

4. Not a huge thing but it's odd Recommended Product has 4 items but You May Also Be Interested In only has one item. Not a great balance there... I know it's not for every product but the few I looked at had this. Can you add other product in the Recommended Product section?

5. Don't forget to add something to the Last Guide section

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. With your low conversion rate, I would say you have a traffic issue and making sure you bring the right traffic to your store.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your Google Ads account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hello hwolton! I like your website. I see that you are looking for ways in boosting sales. We can help you. Check Kevy to assist you with your marketing needs. Our platform offers live chat support so answering customer queries will be a breeze. Other than that, we can track cart abandonment, send personalized emails to your customers and prospects and personalized pop-ups. These are just a few features we have. Don't hesitate to reach out. :) 

0 Likes