Online store feedback please

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello, we've just lunch our site and we would like some comments or feedback if possible.

homemine.fr

Thank you

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
177 26 109

Hey there, @OrlandoRIB95!  

First of all, congrats on the new store! That’s always exciting to have a new store launch.

Let’s give into the feedback. 

Homepage
I have a big issue with this homepage. The way it functions is more like an advertisement and less like a homepage. The moment someone lands on the page, they get sent to the fast-scrolling hero images for “Best Seller.” 

If they scroll up to your main navigation at the top of the page, they have just three seconds to click on another page before it automatically drops them back to the “Best Seller” images. 

That is not a good experience for the first-time visitor or the returning visitor. You’re pushing these two products so hard (and so fast) that it’s difficult for visitors to want to stay on the site. The only way to get it to stop jumping to this point on the page is to scroll down instead of up.

I would suggest using visitor behavior to understand what’s going on:

• Watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to understand how people respond to your homepage. This tactic may work for some, or it may cause people to bounce.
  • Check heatmaps to see where people click and how far down the page they scroll. If your visitors are stuck in this “Best Seller” loop, they may not see your other collections. 

Footer

• Our story: I would take out the second mentions of your logo and “Our story” text. It’s not necessary and pushes the rest of the text down below the fold. Don’t use a stock image here. Since you’re started as two brothers, get a picture in there to make it more personal. 
  • Contact Us: Add in your email address and phone number; both are nice to have in case someone wants a different way to reach out. Also, take out the phone number field. It has a higher rate of abandonment. 
  • FAQ: Remove the photo at the top of the page. It’s pushing the rest of the text down and may be confusing for someone who expects a more traditional FAQ page. I like the rest of your FAQ page, but the photo doesn’t add value to it. 
  • Privacy Policy: Link the URLs and email address. 
  • Refund Policy: Link your email address.
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address.
  • Social media: Make sure it opens in a new tab. 

Navigation
I like the simplicity of your main navigation, but I think in this case it needs to be displayed differently. I would do Home | Shop All | For Your Home | For Your Kitchen | For Your Pet.

Use click heatmaps to see where people are clicking. If they aren’t clicking on the Infos drop-down or any of the sub-collections, go ahead and keep those in the footer. 

Collection Pages
Again, the secondary logo isn’t needed here and just pushes everything lower on the page.

LuckyDanny_0-1596576855824.png

Since you have worldwide shipping, I would make sure there’s an option for currency localization.

Product Pages
For reference, I’m looking at the 3D LED Wall Clock.

I would highly urge you to use visitor behavior to see what your visitors are experiencing. See your site through your experiences to help you find ways to improve your store that result in more sales and happier customers. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
483 30 145

Hi @OrlandoRIB95 !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

2. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

3. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

4. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa. 

5. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

6. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Check this blog, there are tons of useful info: https://growave.io/blog/

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes