Online store

mollywettstein
1 0 0

I have been a boutique owner for almost 7 months now and my online store has not taken off yet! I have redesigned and updated my website many times, offered sales & promotions, had open houses, attended vendor markets, and done giveaways all without a lot of success. My main audience is on instagram and I do have a facebook page and small audience there! I was wondering if you have any suggestions or thoughts for me!

My store is www.joyfulthreadsboutique.com

Thank you, I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Molly 

0 Likes
waytoapps
Trailblazer
232 21 111

Hi

Hope you are doing good. I went through your store and here are few tips which you can work on it.

I suggest you to add a Nice logo to your store. It gives an Identity and separates from the Competition.

Add 'Shop Now' CTA on the Homepage to direct towards your Offered collections.

Make a Sticky Header so that Customer can navigate easily on Menu and Search field.

Add more number of collections on the home page to grab the customer attention. Also add collections related to different catalog.

Install a Nice background theme to get the pages more attractive.

I suggest you to adjust the 'Save badges' and make sure to place them within the product images.

There are no Reviews on your products. Add customer Reviews to increase your sales.

If you have any hand made products in your store Consider to sell on Etsy platform. There are Etsy Integration apps in the shopify app store .

Thanks

ShopList 

Thanks,
Waytoapps
0 Likes

Hi @mollywettstein,

You can highlight your sale products by using badges, stickers: sale, flash sale, discount... With a beautifully designed and creative watermark, maybe this will be the part to help you impress your viewers strongly.

Super watermarks app will help you to make that.

Untitled-4.png

Was my reply helpful? Click like or mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 213 661

Hello @mollywettstein,

I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion, here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- Add a call to action button on the banner image.

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing/ following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you have any questions, I will be happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Science_seller
Tourist
8 0 2

For the homepage, I would suggest compressing the images, so the page loads faster. Try https://tinypng.com . I would also change the first image in your slide. It's a lighter colored image which makes it hard to see all of the icons on the navigation bar. The other images have a similar problem. I would keep the images, but figure out how to add contrast to the navigation buttons.

It's also not immediately obvious how to navigate to the rest of the website. If you have to click the icon in the upper left hand corner, that just an additional step the customer has to take to purchase an item. I'm willing to bet this leads to a high bounce rate off of the homepage. 

For a catalog page such as your All the Day Long Tee, I love the name, but the images could use some work. I would do 2 things. Remove the weird beige color from around the images. If you could keep the same spacing, but it was white instead of beige, that would be perfect. Second, have the initial image of the clothing Items seen in the catalog as the clothing Item laying flat on a white background. Amazon has done research and found that this increases conversions. 

The last thing I want to hit on is the size of your catalog. It may be too broad. I would try to focus on one thing ie. accessories, tees, shoes, dresses, skirts, swim, tops. It's going to be hard to find a target audience when you spread yourself so thin. 

Here's some good reading on the topic: https://kk.org/thetechnium/1000-true-fans/ 

0 Likes