Online store

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi guys,

My sister and I just started an online business selling hair and beauty products. The site officially launched last Friday 9 days ago. We have had around 400 people going through the website however only 2 sales. We are completely new to this line of work. Any tips or suggestions are most welcome! Any edits suggested for our website too. glowsis.uk 

KInd regards

Marianne 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi @Marixo82 

Congratulations on starting your new online business!

There is a few key elements you could improve on to turn your visitors into customers including:

• Home Page (doesn't flow well)
  • Product Page (product description needs to be more detailed and have all the information about the product on the page )
  • Mobile friendly (50-90% of visitors will be on mobile so need to focus on this)
  • Add an 'about us' page to build trust with visitors 

Helpful Videos 

Here are some links to videos that could really help you out also

Hope the feedback helps. Reach out if you need anymore help. 

Cheers,

Celina

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0
Hi Celine,

Thanks so much for your feedback I will look into adding and changing some
of the above today.

Kind regards
Marianne
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Glowsis,

Keep the below listed points in mind for better store optimization:

• All "footer links" should be aligned vertically in a single column for symmetric footer arrangement.
  • Include "gmail address" in "contact us" section for better customer interaction.
  • For unique site identification,addition of a "favicon" is a must.
  • "Twitter and Linked In" business pages should be added to the store footer as well for better advertising.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

Wishing you all the best for your coming store journey. 

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hello @Marixo82 

Congratulations on your store page! It's quite well done. I like the minimal theme that you have selected because it keeps the focus on the products themselves. Most things on the store have been done right. I saw a couple of things that could be made better though, so I thought I'd share them with you. 

1. On your homepage, make the top navigation bar fixed - even if the person scrolls down they should be able to navigate to the rest of the pages without having to go to the top. 
  2. I would suggest that you organise your footer section a bit better - you can 2 columns of links. 1 for website navigation (home, about us, contact us etc.) and another for your policies (like shipping and return).
  3. On the product description page, in some cases you have this drop down menu but it has only a 1 option. In those cases you don't really need a drop down. Just show the color directly. Otherwise it's disappointing for the shopper.
    F9DDC82E-BF0E-4AF1-BEE6-80FBBCDD41CF_4_5005_c.jpeg
  4. I think we could use a wishlist or an Add to Favourites button. This will allow you to send more targeted follow up emails to your shoppers and even notify them if you're running any offers or sales. 
  5. You could add some kind of urgency by adding stickers or labels to highlight things like sale/trending/free shipping. The Shopify app store is source of some really good apps that can add this kind of a focus to your store. I added one below which I thought might look good. What do you think? You can always look up more styles here.  

CA828587-DCC0-4C07-8CA8-18A7356C7CAE_4_5005_c.jpegE3889309-A1EE-4A32-AC3F-2BDB4CD18A37_4_5005_c.jpeg

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0
Hi Gari,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback as we’re just learning everything
as we go! Great advice which we take onboard.

Best wishes
Marianne
##- Please type your reply above this line -#

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Marixo82 ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

There are fewer products in your store please try to add more products that will help your customers to find more options and select the best one for them. If you are a dropshipper then there are many apps that help you to dropship products.

I think aliexpress would be the perfect website to dropship products into your store and sell them as it has products for a lower price compared to all other sites.

To dropship products from aliexpress I would suggest you use the droppersstop app.

Droppersstop is one of the best-emerging apps in Shopify

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0
Good morning,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We will look at those changes suggested.

Best wishes
Marianne
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 50 100

Hi @Marixo82 

Hyde here from Shopify. Great work!

Starting a site is not necessarily easy, especially if you're new to it, and you've done a fantastic job. I do have a few suggestions though, which I feel may help.

First off, as a new brand, you'll want to introduce yourself to visitors as robustly and engagingly as possible. So I'd recommend bringing your "About Us" page further up your homepage, either to the main menu (instead of the Footer menu where it currently is) or to a section on your homepage:

20-06-mf2zf-g40zh

I also suggest expanding on your mission statement and purpose:20-06-5u2kn-oy04w
Here's what an About Us page should contain!

You want to bear in mind that visitors and customers still like to feel they're engaging with a personality, with a human entity behind the brand. So consider how you might personalize the experience for your customers. Could you expand on who you are, what your history is, what it is that moves you, and drives you to do what you do?

Then you'll want to consider how you're going share your message with the world beyond your website:

- Create blogs this is super important and here's why.

- Add a video to your store - people respond to moving images and this is why it's important.

I hope this helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes