Open 9 months, but only getting AdWords views!

5 0 0

Hi everyone!

Any and all feedback welcome, seriously, feel free to rip my website apart!

I've had my website for about 9 months and views and sales for the first 6 months were completely non-existent.  I started a Google Shopping ad campaign in January and things definitely picked up then, but now all of my views and sales are a result of paid ads, nothing is coming organically.  I also sell on a marketplace site where SEO is completely backward and I'm afraid I'm so used to their methods now that I just can't wrap my head around how to optimize things for Google.

Thanks for checking it out!  www.wheatfieldknitwear.com

0 Likes
Explorer
265 0 21

Doesn't seem to be much interaction on your social media. IMO that's where most of the sales come from for niche businesses. Have you run ad campaigns on FB and Instagram?

0 Likes
5 0 0

You're totally right, my social media game is definitely a work in progress.  I have run Facebook ads in the past and every time I do I swear it will be my last time (Facebook has me wanting to bang my head against the wall on most things).  I feel like Instagram will be where it's at for me, but I have a hard time getting engagement from people who aren't other knitwear sellers (and let's face it, fellow knitters aren't exactly my target market).  Thanks for the input!

0 Likes
Excursionist
59 0 4

I would not use a human model for every single product. The Kids section is real cute. I would alter the style of the photos entirely.

0 Likes
5 0 0

Really?  How would you suggest I photograph my items?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
52 0 7

Instagram is your friend, and getting other knitwear sellers to follow you isn't an issue, really they're just a follower. 

I would integrate with INSTAGRESS, it's a website that automates LIKES/FOLLOWS/UNFOLLOWS/COMMENTS 

you can call out other knitwear designers who have REALLY BIG followings and FOLLOW their Followers! BING BANG BOOM you're in their feed. Instagress has a free 3 day trial and I just love them. Post EVERY DAY, and those product photos would be great for instagram! Just post 2 or 3 a day, let instagress do it's thing, and HASHTAG LIKE CRAZY! 

Amy 

<3 

Amy McWilliams - Shopify Partner www.rockrosedesigns.com Shopify - Wordpress - Big Commerce
0 Likes
Excursionist
59 0 4

http://seasonsblog.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a7c11d3f970b016303bf958c970d-800wi

Something like this...

Or 

Some other way of taking the photo without a human face and body

0 Likes