Hello @fefetees, here are some suggestions that will help you to get conversions. You should engage visitors coming to your store, it helps you to convert the traffic into paying customers. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not on your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
- Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.
These techniques will help you to engage the traffic coming to your store & will convert them into paying customers. If your store will not b engaging enough then the traffic will bounce back.
Hope this Helps!
Moreover, I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.
We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.
I think all of Sachin's advice is pretty terrible so be careful what you add and read more about push notifications and reviews and loyalty points and the like.
What distinguishes your site will be your designs, so I would invest more time/money into creating (or hiring people to create) awesome designs that people have to have.
Also, what are you doing to drive traffic? I imagine that if you are selling your shirts for $18, you are not able to spend much money on advertising (and you aren't able to offer free shipping, which is a huge enticement to visitors).
And one more thing, I don't love how you are branding some of your shirts with "FT" as part of the design. Perhaps your research has proven otherwise, but for me, it is one reason I would not buy a shirt.
But overall, not a bad-looking site!