Open to Feedback!

Hello,

I've recently made some big updates to a shop that I own and would like your feedback about anything that could be adjusted or repaired, especially with SEO (though open to design critique, too.)

https://www.OutreApparel.com

Recent updates:

• Changing proportions of slideshow so menu can now display above the fold for both mobile and desktop
  • Adding "Shop Now" buttons and in bright contrast color to provide another clickable source above the fold
  • Inserting Back to Home button on About, Privacy + Terms, Shipping + Returns, and Subscribe pages to encourage further exploration of site and prevent dead-ends
  • Adding clickable email address to contact page for SEO and easier contacting

Our heat maps indicate these updates have helped, though we are still seeing users trying to click on product photos when within a product page and on non-clickable photos to which I cannot add a URL clickthrough for (silly template.) Not too sure how to mitigate their potential frustration here?

Open to your thoughts!

Working with small businesses to establish branding, online presence, and strategy for marketing and operations.
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 164

Hi @kailasachse,

Hyde here from Shopify.

In short: fantastic store. You've got the content, the design, the mission statement, the imagery. I wonder if you couldn't sharpen the product descriptions a little?

You already offer a bullet point list of the reasons customers should buy, but what about encouraging them to share their purchase?

**You're going to get a lot of compliments - do us a favor and make sure you tell them where you got it!**

You could get really creative with your product descriptions.

There are even some templates you could use to speed up the process.

Perfect for ___________________________ (ideal situation),
these _______________ (product name)
can be/will _______________ (tell a quick story).
(Product name) ______________
are ______________ (top features)
to _______________ (product benefits).
No more _____________________ (pain and/or challenge).

Example:
Perfect for weekend getaways in the mountains, these Mighty Camper Cups will bring you and your friends or loved ones closer together around a campfire. Exactly what mountain trips were made for! Our Mighty Camper Cups are sturdy and built just for you with insulated fibers to ensure that your hot cocoa stays hot and your iced tea stays iced. No more crying over spilled milk!

You can also take the keywords here and add them to a spreadsheet so Brand, Baseball Cap, Men, Cotton, Casual, Sports, Golf, Hats, Snapback, etc as you add products you can see which of these come up most often and use them for your collections Meta Titles and descriptions also.

You've got video content in your blog, but perhaps you could consider your own promotional video. You could add a video to your store.

You should keep an eye on some of these great blogs and podcasts to keep up with new trends in e-commerce:

- Ezra Firestone
- Shopify Blog
- Unofficial Shopify Podcast

And finally here are 50 awesome apps that can take on various tasks for you and free up some of your time to build your brand!

- WeMakeWebsites - 50 Best Shopify Apps

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Hyde,

Excellent feedback! Thank you so much. 

We will be sure to update product descrips, meta descrips, and maintain a list of keywords.

Your product description template is fantastic, too.

Side question: is there a way to view meta descrips from the product page of a shop without having to Google search (something like Developer Tools or View Source from the browser?)

Working with small businesses to establish branding, online presence, and strategy for marketing and operations.
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 164

There certainly is!

Within the product page, if you scroll to the bottom, you will see the option to edit website SEO:

20-04-7f6qn-xboch

And if you click on that, you will see that you can edit the page title, meta description, and URL:

20-04-99pek-evdcp

If you wanted to edit your product descriptions in bulk, you could use the bulk editor. To do so, you go to All Products > Select All > Edit Products:

20-04-oaw9u-walp0

You will then get to a page like this, where you can edit the SEO for your products:

20-04-3rsj9-u2vbo

I hope that helps! 

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Thanks! I may not have been clear, I mean is there a way to view the meta title and description from the outside (user's view,) not just from within the backend?

I'm curious how I could view someone else's website or double check my client's site from the outside just from visiting their webpage.

0 Likes

There are some ways you can make your product page more sticky...

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

3. Make a sizing chart and link to it from your product pages and in the footer. 

4. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

5. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.

Thank you, Duane! Excellent advice.

0 Likes