About a month ago I opened up a Shopify store. It's a home décor store that targets girls ages 16-29. We sell things like neon signs, string lighting, wall art and tapestries curated from artists around the world, and more.
I've only gotten a few sales. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've been spending a lot of money on Pinterest and Instagram ads and still not a lot going on.
The name of the store is Bad Bixch Décor. I tried to make the name fit exactly the type of niche I was looking to attract. Should I change the name?
You can check the website out at:
Please let me know your thoughts and opinions! It would mean a lot.
First off, great job on establishing who your target audience is.
My first thought is - your target audience is on TikTok, so that should be where your advertising dollars go (and your social presence). Pinterest and Instagram users would be near the end range of your target age group and going up in age from there.
Also, after you create a TikTok account, find out what is currently trending and focus your ads/marketing around those products.
My other thought is the price point, if I take a look at your neon signs, most are priced in the range of $79 - $99 USD. With a target age group of 16-29, they are usually starting at an entry level job or working part time because they are in school, or in college. It may be difficult for your target audience to afford your products. I do see some priced around $29 USD (the rainbow one) which is good but just putting it out there as a thought.
Lastly, the most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:
If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:
They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.
Hello, @BadBixchDecor, I hope you are doing good! Your store looks great & the store has a great collection. Here is the feedback and some changes that you need to do:
- Add a product description. For example for a knitted blanket, you should mention the size, material, wash & care.
- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the losing customer to your store.
- Setup Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
- Enable Social media conversion techniques on the store for better conversion.
- Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
- Set up a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.
We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.
First of all congratulations on your store, your products look very cute and so adorable, I really love that. Otherwise, I have some recommendation on your Product Listing page that you can apply to make your customer experiences on your store better.
1. Page header
First-time visitors are people who have no previous interaction with your brand. Therefore, landing directly on a category page might be confusing if they cannot tell within a few seconds what types of products are included.
So instead of displaying just a normal text like this, you can use inspirational banner, images of the best sellers will instantly inform visitors about the whole category and inspire them to scroll further down the page.
2. Add to cart button
When I'm in your product listing page, if I want to quick add product into my cart, I don't know what to do, I have to go inside of each product and add them.
So I suggest that while customers hovering mouse on each product's image, you can add 'Add to cart' button inside it. Just a small action but it will help you a lot of gaining sales of your store.
3. Filter function
Customers rely heavily on filtering options to find products. In order for the filtering tool to actually be effective, including the right filtering options is necessary.
With 'Neon Lights' product listing, you can divided them into 'Text' and 'Symbols'.
4. Brand name 'Bad Bixch Décor'
I don't have any comments with your brand but there is one thing I want to change is your logo. It's quite simple and do not show-off anything related to your product so you can consider to change it asap.
Hope that my recommendations would be useful for you. Moreover, you can check out this article to learn how to optimize your product listing page.
Hey @BadBixchDecor, I hope you are doing fine!
Congratulations on your store!
Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great except your footer which looks awfully big and also that you don't have a favicon, I hope you will fix them soon. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example.
In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score on WooRank and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which don't have any meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, their expert review will be really beneficial for your Shopify store as they point out almost every little detail about your store and how you can fix them to ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. Also, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings.
I hope this helps you achieve your goals.
Good luck with the store.
Have a nice day!
Congratulations on your store. I've taken a look at your store. The design is very professional and well done. I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.
1. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
2. Add sections like "New Arrivals", "Featured Collection", "Hot Sellers" etc, on the Home page
3. Add a form to the Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
4. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged
5. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
6. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
7. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Thank you so much everyone!!!! Your responses honestly helped me so much. I can't begin to express how much I appreciate your help and the time you took to write out all your suggestions. All of your responses had something unique to offer, and I've been implementing all of your suggestions and seeing results. Thank you so so so much! Wish you all the best
Hi @BadBixchDecor !
Your google page speed score is only 51 and mobile speed 11. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.
Add clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hi @BadBixchDecor welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions.
2. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
3. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides and extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
5. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!
Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.
I hope this helps!