Opinions and Feedback of my store and handmade handbags

Hi Catherine,

A few comments:

- You need higher resolution images of your bags in the carousel. They are blurry and pixelated and they don’t do justice to your products. The carousel is the first thing that your site visitors see and sometimes your only chance of showcasing your products (since most shoppers take only 4 to 5 seconds after landing on a site to decide whether they want to browse the site further or not)

- Your product images and product copy are really good. Well done!

- I would suggest updating your blog more often. Regularly updated blogs do not only establish your authority, they are also good for SEO and can potentially attract more warm leads to your site.

Other than these, I think your products look really nice and I'm sure they are made well. I wish you all the best!

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 45

Hey, @Catherine_Cyko!

How has it been going? I'd love to get an update to know if you've made any progress in getting more conversions.

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello Ash,

Thanks for asking! I haven't seen any increase in conversions just yet. However, I expect to see some by this coming Spring since I have hired a professional photographer with a team of 3 models, make-up, hair and wardrobe stylists to do a photo shoot later next month. I'm pretty excited about it and will be sharing an update here in the community with the results.

many regards,

Catherine

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0

Any updates? Looking forward to your journey and learning from it myself.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi GM,

I've made several improvements since I was last here in the forum. Currently I'm running a sale using one of the photos of the models that I used in my video that you can view on my home page, https://www.beautifulbagsetc.com/ . I wish I could find a way to reduce the size of the video when viewed on a pc. It takes up an enormous amount of real estate.  I've taken better photos for my hero image which I change out now and then ( see photos ).  Views have practically doubled since I started running Google search and display campaigns and conversions have increased slightly up until July. Summer seems to be a very slow time for my niche.  So that's about it for now. 

Leather Handbags made in USA.JPGMary Poppins Doctor Bags.JPGTop Handle Flap Bags Banner.JPG

1 Like
Globetrotter
661 40 153

Hi, 

I have reviewed your store and first impression of store is good but I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly and eventually leads to sales.

1. You can add few banner images as it will improve the overall UI.
  2. You can create "Top selling Products" and "Featured Collections" pages and add their link to the Home Page.
  3. You can try reducing the size of video banner as it is very big and reducing it's size would look more organised and user friendly.
  4. For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  5. Lastly, You have around 160 products and you'll be adding many more in future .I would  recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
    Neha:)
Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

All the best.

I just started setting up google ads for my store today. 

Buying traffic based gigs from fiver providers didn't serve me well. Lesson learned.

For your video resizing, if you are using a mac, you should be able to do it in Quicktime. There are other online converters

Even simple video editing softwares should allow you to export the file into a smaller size.

0 Likes